TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,981  
This weekend we got around 3 hours on our B3200 burying stumps that I had removed following a big storm last year. That storm provided the tipping point for tractor purchase and now almost 90 hours in, I am loving it.

I had planned on leaving the stumps beside one of the new trails created by the storm, but was convinced otherwise..........

Digging a 3-4' deep hole with the FEL was a lot of fun and in the end I had room for some other debris

image-2696488747.jpg

image-1609870332.jpg

image-1424371432.jpg

image-3934515231.jpg

image-3507170876.jpg

So I now had a new dead end trail that was used to get at the firewood and followed the line of downed trees. My eldest daughter (10) has just been picked for the long jump on her school team and wants to practice so we decided to make her somewhere to jump using wood chips also made from the storm debris. Here are the results. And yes she did all of the chip distribution with a lot of coaching - her first time using the loader.

image-698767675.jpg

image-567744522.jpg

For the safety conscious, I think we had most bases covered on pretty level ground, lots of counterweight with filled tires and BB, ROPS and seat belt in use and never left low range at idle.....

Great family time....

Craig

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,982  
Did some grading and pulled our an old apple tree.

Attachments

• image-2673122702.jpg
    image-2673122702.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 236
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,983  
Today while mowing narrow irrigation lanes I happen to come across a 10" rock I didn't see, I split it it two with my king kutter brush hog, yes a king kutter, I only broke a shear bolt and was on my way. Will post some pics of it tomorrow but happily got 5 hours on my bobcat ct235, so makes me at 559 hours

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,984  
Today I used my home made excavator to dig a trench to lay my phone cable up to my house. I previously had it laying on the ground.

Chad

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,985  
I was helping my wife in the garden most of Sunday. Then I was able to mow trails throughout the woods (slightly over 85 acres woods/sapplings).

It is a beautiful feeling to see all God made! Here is one photo.

Jim

Attachments

• Sunday Seat Time.jpg
    Sunday Seat Time.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 232
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,986  
fired up the kubota an shredded a small pasture this morning.so that put .2 tenths on the clock.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,988  
Around an hour of wood chipping after supper with my B3200. Gradually getting things cleaned up....

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,989  
I'm late posting since it was this past Saturday...
Wife and I have some property about 12 miles away that we are getting ready to put a home and shop on. I had 4 moderately large burn piles and got 2 burned last year and we decided to take care of the other two since it called for rain Saturday. We got there just after dawn and got the first pile burning. Started right up and burned super quick since the wood was so dry. The second pile was a bit too close to the tree line so I decided to use the grapple to feed the first fire. (Any excuse to use the tractor!) Things were going great and I had the second pile down about a 1/3 when the wife remembered the time I buried the 1-ton to the axle when it rained. I told her that since we were in the 1/2 ton with posi that we should be ok... plus with this 4WD tractor I could pick up the rear of the truck with the grapple, step on the diff lock and move right on out. But I relented... mainly because it had started to drizzle just after we started the burn and now it was heavy enough that I had a small waterfall coming off the front of my hat! We were so wet that the next day I took my stainless S&W out of the center console of the truck and it had condensation on it from the water we dripped in the truck on the ride home.
Because of my normal work schedule we get very little time there to work so, rain or shine, we're going back this Sunday morning to get the burn started again. More seat time!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,990  
FEL "water" bucket. Today I filled the bucket with water and hauled it to a tree that my wife recently planted. Then I cut back the trees and took the cuttings to the burn pile.

Attachments

• 100_0016.jpg
    100_0016.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_0123.jpg
    100_0123.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 234
  • 100_0124.jpg
    100_0124.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
  • 100_0129.jpg
    100_0129.jpg