TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME
.3 Hrs mowing with the 2005 BX1500.
.7 Hrs on the 2003 BX1500 tilling and grading to smooth out the ruts the dollar general tractor trailer left in my front yard last month.
If you think AG tires mark up a lawn try driving a semi truck through a wet soft saturated yard.
Got that task done and went to the house and discovered that I'd lost my set of keys that has the house key on them.
I had them in my coat pocket when I got on the 2003 BX 1500.
O No: Did they fall out of my pocket on to the ground and I tilled them under smoothing the ruts?
The wife and I walked the area I tilled & couldn't find them so was about to give up but I decided to take one more walk down along the place I tilled and graded, got about 10 feet and looked down to my left and there they were about 3 fourths buried in the dirt.
The weren't hit by the tiller tines and suffered no damage.
O I love happy endings!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12  
LBrown59 said:
.3 Hrs mowing with the 2005 BX1500.

You're mowing already? Grass ain't even green yet here in SE Iowa. You said things were "damp and soft" in you earlier post so I wouldn't think you'd want to drive on the lawn much less mow it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13  
PitbullMidwest said:
You're mowing already? Grass ain't even green yet here in SE Iowa. You said things were "damp and soft" in you earlier post so I wouldn't think you'd want to drive on the lawn much less mow it.

Sounds like an excuse to me. Get off your butt and mow the grass. I'm usually good until June. Last year was an exception, I had to mow at the end of May. I am surprised to hear that your grass is not green. Here in the Northeast the grass is always green, and we mow it only when it grows too high.

jmf

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #14  
jmfox said:
I am surprised to hear that your grass is not green. Here in the Northeast the grass is always green, so we mow when the grass is long.
jmf

Around here the grass goes dorment in winter and turns a depressing brown/tan color, which adds to the prolonged misery leading up to spring. Actually, things are starting to green up and my wife is starting to see some of her flowers poking through. Renewal and new life is one of my favorite parts of spring.

BTW, we mow when the grass gets long too, I guess we just have to wait longer to do it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #15  
I was thinking how interesting it would be if somebody mows their grass to obtain a certain shade of green. One of my many chores is color correcting video, so I understand the import of subtle shades of color, but generally I accept the color of my front lawn whether it matches the house or not.

jmf

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME
The grass is growing some and has really greened up after the last couple of rains.
The state cut over into my front yard while plowing snow this winter and threw all the junk dirt and sod about 10 feet over into my front yard.
Also a Dollar General semi truck really rutted up the yard about month ago trying to turn around in my driveway.
I mowed these 2 areas because if the grass gets to high it will make it tough to repair this damage.
That's the only area I mowed and it wasn't to wet or soft for the BX1500 with turf tires.
PitbullMidwest said:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #18  
Sunday, 'bout an hour or so hauling firewood in the FEL and pushing out small stumps.

And scaring the &^%* out of myself. :eek: Still calibrating the "pucker factor," gotta get a tiltmeter. And maybe sling the mower deck under there for some ballast. Maybe even the box scraper in the back. (Can't be bothered to fill the tires, no wheel weights came with it.)