Page 204 of 430 FirstFirst ... 104154194201202203204205206207214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 4292
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    I built a funeral pyre burn pile for my daughters duck that died, and I added stuff to it with the grapple.

That sounds...um...unusual...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    I built a funeral pyre burn pile for my daughters duck that died, and I added stuff to it with the grapple.

Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

I am not sure but by the looks of that lock washer that nut may be a little loose. Those ears bend a little easier when the hardware is not tight up against them. Plus you can bugger up the thread. Ask me how I know. Just something else to watch.
    Last edited by Gordon Gould; 07-03-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Spent four hours removing some evergreens to make room for the rest of the driveway.

-forumrunner_20120703_171450-png

Lee

Long road home

Mahindra 5530 w/ FEL, Bushhog 286 cutter, 8' disc, 2 bottom plow, pallet forks, 22' American trailer, geotextile carrier, PHD w/ 12" auger, tooth bar, landscape rake, trailer hitch, broadcast spreader, toolbar, cultipacker, grain drill, and more to come!

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by CompactTractorFan

Ducks are pets to my daughter I can't bury them due to varmints dig them up. I can't throw her beloved pet in the trash. What else is left?

You have a dog? Maybe when it dies you will want it given proper "disposal".

Burning them give me an excuse to light a burn pile, her comfort, and no varmint gets to eat her pet.

Make more sense now?
    Hope so...
    Be well,
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Veteran Member tungularafishcamp's Avatar
    Tractor
    kubota L2800, 1/2 of a L48

Thats creative David, but you got off ez, one of my renters kids insisted on having her dead bird stuffed and kept in a cage in the house.
    Rick

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    I am not sure but by the looks of that lock washer that nut may be a little loose. Those ears bend a little easier when the hardware is not tight up against them. Plus you can bugger up the thread. Ask me how I know. Just something else to watch.
    Loose nuts are a plague... Yesterday whil bush hogging I grappled debris out of my way and noticed a stream of shiny diamonds falling from the hyd connector. Worried I'd broke it AGAIN, I stopped and jumped off, but it was only loose, so I got right back in business.

I thought it looked loose after it bent, so I made sure it was tight when I switched it to the outside.

Thanks,
    David
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor

I got a ton of awesome seat time yesterday. I very carefully bush hogged over all ~4 acres of the slash and stumps (I tried to keep the hog at about 8") and I chopped acres of saplings that were up to 8' tall and all sort of nasty growth. Now I can see all the stuff I need to clear! I started cleaning up the next fence line, I need to ratchet rake it some more though.I did a little work on my tractor road with the bucket with toothbar attached, I also started moving the dirt from the homebuilt pond by the house that I will redistribute for my wife's new garden area. it is an amazing pile of dirt that I need to move! I did grind one stump, an old cedar. I finished the dry creek bed project (for now) with the last small rocks and I cleaned up the dirt piles remaining on the banks that made it hard to mow.

I basically spent most of my day on the tractor or inside cooling off or caring for all of our animals (which is technically why I stayed home from the trip my wife and kids are on).

I will do similar tomorrow and Friday, but today is a 2nd amendment 4th of July celebration (aka shooting day).

Be well all!

Happy Birthday America!

David

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by tungularafishcamp View Post
    Thats creative David, but you got off ez, one of my renters kids insisted on having her dead bird stuffed and kept in a cage in the house.
    EWWWWW!

Ummm No Way!

Funeral pyre is a classic. Even Darth Vader was done that way... I'm not fancy about it though, I just put it in a small box of feed bag (paper only) with a ton of pine straw (better than gas for starting a fire) and use the leaf blower trick LstInThot taught me (works like a charm).

David

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by tungularafishcamp View Post
    EWWWWW!

Ummm No Way!

Funeral pyre is a classic. Even Darth Vader was done that way... I'm not fancy about it though, I just put it in a small box of feed bag (paper only) with a ton of pine straw (better than gas for starting a fire) and use the leaf blower trick LstInThot taught me (works like a charm).

David

Page 204 of 430 FirstFirst ... 104154194201202203204205206207214254304 ... LastLast