TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,033  
I am not sure but by the looks of that lock washer that nut may be a little loose. Those ears bend a little easier when the hardware is not tight up against them. Plus you can bugger up the thread. Ask me how I know. Just something else to watch.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,034  
Spent four hours removing some evergreens to make room for the rest of the driveway.

ForumRunner_20120703_171450.png

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,035  
CompactTractorFan said:
That sounds...um...unusual...

Ducks are pets to my daughter I can't bury them due to varmints dig them up. I can't throw her beloved pet in the trash. What else is left?

You have a dog? Maybe when it dies you will want it given proper "disposal".

Burning them give me an excuse to light a burn pile, her comfort, and no varmint gets to eat her pet.

Make more sense now?
Hope so...
Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,036  
Thats creative David, but you got off ez, one of my renters kids insisted on having her dead bird stuffed and kept in a cage in the house.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,037  
I am not sure but by the looks of that lock washer that nut may be a little loose. Those ears bend a little easier when the hardware is not tight up against them. Plus you can bugger up the thread. Ask me how I know. Just something else to watch.

Loose nuts are a plague... Yesterday whil bush hogging I grappled debris out of my way and noticed a stream of shiny diamonds falling from the hyd connector. Worried I'd broke it AGAIN, I stopped and jumped off, but it was only loose, so I got right back in business.

I thought it looked loose after it bent, so I made sure it was tight when I switched it to the outside.

Thanks,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,038  
I got a ton of awesome seat time yesterday. I very carefully bush hogged over all ~4 acres of the slash and stumps (I tried to keep the hog at about 8") and I chopped acres of saplings that were up to 8' tall and all sort of nasty growth. Now I can see all the stuff I need to clear! I started cleaning up the next fence line, I need to ratchet rake it some more though.I did a little work on my tractor road with the bucket with toothbar attached, I also started moving the dirt from the homebuilt pond by the house that I will redistribute for my wife's new garden area. it is an amazing pile of dirt that I need to move! I did grind one stump, an old cedar. I finished the dry creek bed project (for now) with the last small rocks and I cleaned up the dirt piles remaining on the banks that made it hard to mow.

I basically spent most of my day on the tractor or inside cooling off or caring for all of our animals (which is technically why I stayed home from the trip my wife and kids are on).

I will do similar tomorrow and Friday, but today is a 2nd amendment 4th of July celebration (aka shooting day).

Be well all!

Happy Birthday America!

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,039  
Thats creative David, but you got off ez, one of my renters kids insisted on having her dead bird stuffed and kept in a cage in the house.

EWWWWW!

Ummm No Way!

Funeral pyre is a classic. Even Darth Vader was done that way... I'm not fancy about it though, I just put it in a small box of feed bag (paper only) with a ton of pine straw (better than gas for starting a fire) and use the leaf blower trick LstInThot taught me (works like a charm).

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,040  

EWWWWW!

Ummm No Way!

Funeral pyre is a classic. Even Darth Vader was done that way... I'm not fancy about it though, I just put it in a small box of feed bag (paper only) with a ton of pine straw (better than gas for starting a fire) and use the leaf blower trick LstInThot taught me (works like a charm).

David