TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,041  
We had the big storm hit and I had a little seat time moving trees out of the road. I will have to say I was so glad to have the forks on the L4400 to unload a pallet of 35 gallon barrels of diesel to keep the generator running. i will have months of clean up on my trails. I started to go around the trails and took a few pics of trees until I realized how bad this really was. It is bad here.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,042  
We had the big storm hit and I had a little seat time moving trees out of the road. I will have to say I was so glad to have the forks on the L4400 to unload a pallet of 35 gallon barrels of diesel to keep the generator running. i will have months of clean up on my trails. I started to go around the trails and took a few pics of trees until I realized how bad this really was. It is bad here.

Randall,

I am very sorry to hear this. I need a cooler day to walk my property, the ~42 acres worth of forest and trails part, to see how much damage I sustained...

I wish I could easily come over and help.

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,043  
Ducks are pets to my daughter I can't bury them due to varmints dig them up. I can't throw her beloved pet in the trash. What else is left?

You have a dog? Maybe when it dies you will want it given proper "disposal".

Burning them give me an excuse to light a burn pile, her comfort, and no varmint gets to eat her pet.

Make more sense now?
Hope so...
Be well,
David

Oh, well I understand now...You don't have a backhoe so you can't give it a proper deep burial. ;) :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,044  
Oh, well I understand now...You don't have a backhoe so you can't give it a proper deep burial. ;) :laughing:

Hmmm, I'm not sure I can use a handful of dead birds as justification for a backhoe, but I will run it up the flagpole and see if it flies...
:D :laughing:
Thanks,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,045  
So far today I've only been doing ground engagement. I changed tooth bar for ratchet rake and cleared some additional ground near the future garden so I can start distribution of soil from the raised pond I'm taking out.

I also cleaned up the next fence line at the northern end of the pasture clearcut. It will basically be a 280' run curving along the driveway plus three 40' sections to make a square area for run-in shed, water, food (maybe a Tack Shack?)?? There is a completely useless drainage ditch (the ground is totally flat here I plan to fill in so I can have a logical fence line. The final fence run (not this time, but next I suppose) will be 270' straight run along the "fire road".

After a lunch cool off, I will go back outside and do more dirt work and maybe grind some stumps.

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,046  
I filled the tank on my tractor Tuesday. I re-filled my 2 5gal jerry cans Tuesday night. I just put 1 of them into the tractor, and I did not run the tractor Wednesday. I believe that is a personal best for getting hours of seat time in a short elapsed time.

:D
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,047  
Randall,

I am very sorry to hear this. I need a cooler day to walk my property, the ~42 acres worth of forest and trails part, to see how much damage I sustained...

I wish I could easily come over and help.

Be well,
David
I appreciate the offer David but there is not much to do till the power comes back on. Really the trees and mess are the least of my concerns right now the temps are 90 degrees plus and high humidity. People are really stressed with no real way to help themselves. People had generators but no fuel or generators but no way to get cool. Very dangerous for the elderly and ill. I have a huge amount of trees blown down but I will enjoy a lot of the seat time but I am not enjoying this for those that are in need.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,048  
I appreciate the offer David but there is not much to do till the power comes back on. Really the trees and mess are the least of my concerns right now the temps are 90 degrees plus and high humidity. People are really stressed with no real way to help themselves. People had generators but no fuel or generators but no way to get cool. Very dangerous for the elderly and ill. I have a huge amount of trees blown down but I will enjoy a lot of the seat time but I am not enjoying this for those that are in need.

On Monday my wife was driving on her trip on her wayto Barborsville (her first stop) when she got to Covington VA near lunch time near the border NOTHING in town was open or had power... Over the border into WV they could only find one place open and most closed. The storm was very devastating to a great many people, it makes me very thankful our hit was so minor. Very much a blessing.

Be well sir.
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,049  
I forgot to check the hour meter, I must be at 97+ though... I ground 15 stumps and ripped roots out with the grapple. hauled the range targets and stumps to the new mega burn pile that is building. I did some more dirt work. Basically I has a great time, hot, dusty, and very sweaty, but awesome nonetheless.

Be well all,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,050  
We had a pretty good gully washer last night that started to wash the left side of my road. I used the rear blade to get the material back where it belonged then went over it with the LandPlane-GradingScraper. We had no wind here just heavy heavy rain but 15 miles from here, both north and south, they had 80 mph winds.

Attachments

• P1050304.JPG
    P1050304.JPG
    674.5 KB · Views: 191
  • P1050280.JPG
    P1050280.JPG
    712.3 KB · Views: 187
  • P1050301.JPG
    P1050301.JPG
    643.5 KB · Views: 177