TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,051  
...that started to wash the left side of my road. I used the rear blade to get the material back where it belonged then went over it with the LandPlane-GradingScraper...

Gordon,

That sure is a pretty road...

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,052  
I ended the day, and my 5 days of vacation while the wife and kids were on a field trip within seconds of 102 hours on the Kioti.

I ground 23 stumps today (50 this week). I cleaned up the fence line for the "South Pasture" so I can start building fence asap.

I did some other assorted stuff. I hear the wife and kids, gotta go!

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,053  
Been working really hard on my landplane-grading-scraper and I finally got some free time to do some maintenance on machines an figured it's time to also paint it. After trying different paints and colors I just decided to go with Deere green! Just like Steve's 4ft and 8ft landplanes. I'm also going to get some yellow and put the LPGS label on it! I also made it to 560hours

Attachments

• image-616926589.jpg
    image-616926589.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 165
  • image-1364770122.jpg
    image-1364770122.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3229933717.jpg
    image-3229933717.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3627143711.jpg
    image-3627143711.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 120
  • image-933717996.jpg
    image-933717996.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2294170690.jpg
    image-2294170690.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 148
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,054  
Daughter helped take down a tree that lost its top from the last storm. She did the final push with the tractor. I cut it up and carried it out back to the burn pile. Started moving some old piles to the burn pile and ran across some ground yellow jackets. They got me 4 or 5 times before I got out of there. Tractor is still near stump that houses the yellow jackets. Will wait till night to take care of them and get the tractor back.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,055  
Brand new tractor, first five hours on the meter. old overgrown orchard brush hogged to pretty flat. need to break out the chain saw to do any more on that one. moving on to the next field tomorrow first light.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,056  
lstinthot said:
They got me 4 or 5 times before I got out of there. Tractor is still near stump that houses the yellow jackets. Will wait till night to take care of them and get the tractor back.

Oh no!

That stings, I mean stinks!

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,057  
I started a badly needed front gate to one entrance of our property to help keep the horses in, since I had to locate them in a neighbors hay field up the road after they broke a gate, and ran up the road after they were spooked by fireworks again from my non-farm friendly neighbors. I also started fence post holes for a new fence line, put up a new mail box, after I crushed the other one by accident when I had to fell a tree for the gate opening and it fell in the wrong direction. I also had to put a new wood stove in the house, and clear brush around the chicken coops, since the fox seems to like the taste of our chickens. It seems like work is never finished. I have to put up another 200 bales of hay tomorrow. I need a hay elevator!
272478d1341705853-todays-seat-time-img_4098.jpg

272479d1341705874-todays-seat-time-img_4104.jpg

View attachment 272478View attachment 272479

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,058  
I managed about 4 hours today, off and on a lot hooking my chain to the remaining tree roots to pull them out. Then I scooped up all the dirt below the root hole and filled it back in, about 5 feet across. My BX was working pretty hard, all 4 wheels spinning to crawl up the 25 degree hill and scoop, but I got it leveled off pretty well. Then I put on my rachet rake and started on the 3 patches of honeysuckle. The first patch was about 3 feet across and 10-12 feet high. I came at it from below and took out 1 or 2 main branches at a time.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for the rachet rake and Ken's Bolt on Bucket Hooks. Saved me a lot of time and effort today.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,059  
I managed about 4 hours today, off and on a lot hooking my chain to the remaining tree roots to pull them out. Then I scooped up all the dirt below the root hole and filled it back in, about 5 feet across. My BX was working pretty hard, all 4 wheels spinning to crawl up the 25 degree hill and scoop, but I got it leveled off pretty well. Then I put on my rachet rake and started on the 3 patches of honeysuckle. The first patch was about 3 feet across and 10-12 feet high. I came at it from below and took out 1 or 2 main branches at a time.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for the rachet rake and Ken's Bolt on Bucket Hooks. Saved me a lot of time and effort today.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,060  
Ray, thats a pretty big root base at 5 feet! What are you going to do with the stump? Are you going to burn it, or put it in the woods. Glad that it worked out for you getting the whole thing out, they can be very stubborn!