TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,082  
I got some use out of the tractor clearing chunks of downed trees off of my driveway. We were woken out of a dead sleep at 4am yesterday to the unmistakable sound of a tree crashing onto the driveway where 3 cars, a boat, and the tractor sat. It was too dark to see, but when the sun came up I could tell that there were branches on both sides of my truck. Amazingly, the tree forked in a way that it rested 1/2" from the front bumper, and 1" from the rear, and didn't hit anything! I will never criticize my girlfriend's parking ability ever again!!!!!!

View attachment 272940View attachment 272941View attachment 272942View attachment 272943View attachment 272944

LUCKY!!! :confused2:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,083  
I had to go to work this morning but the lane closure was backing up traffic by noon so we had to quit. When I got home my oldest daughter wanted to learn how to start and run the 312 JD lawn tractor and once I got her started I had to move the 5045E so she could mow the grass under it, No sense wasting a warm up so I went up to the top and brush hogged down another acre or so being careful to save some of the best blackberries for the girls. looks like a good crop if we get just one more rain.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,084  
Hauled blocks and stone for the retaining wall I am building with Allan Blocks down back.

Attachments

• BackWall2.jpg
    BackWall2.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 251
  • BackWall3.JPG
    BackWall3.JPG
    587.5 KB · Views: 248
  • BackWall6.JPG
    BackWall6.JPG
    580.8 KB · Views: 259
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,085  
Gordon Gould said:
Hauled blocks and stone for the retaining wall I am building with Allan Blocks down back.

Please post some pics of the finished product. I Looked at it for a while, but I can't figure out what your trying to achieve

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,086  
What did I do Today ??? Apparently lost my mind and had a Dumbazz moment. we have had about 14 inches of rain the past few days, rivers of water flowing out of the ponds and across the field,so what do I do?? I get on my tractor to take a load to the burn pile,nothing on the 3point cause it's just some remodeling debris, and so.......lot of rain, sandy ground and I bury my tractor in quick sand !!!!DUMBASS !!!! and of course my girlfriend comes out and catches me before I could get out ............some days it's just better to leave it in the shed... maybe one day I'll learn that !photo(17).jpgphoto(14).jpg

Attachments

• photo(14).jpg
    photo(14).jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,088  
Me Neither :D
Oh that is easy. One you are trying to get the back fill up to cover that black waterproofing they stuck all over your foundation and Two more importantly you are doing it to get one thing off your "Honey Do" list before she adds two more things to it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,089  
Worked on shed to store tractor toys. The doors are all red oak from trees that where cleared to build the house and shop. I plan to side the shed with Oak as well. Question is, do I let it grey naturally or seal it with an outdoor stain?
IMAG1101.jpgIMAG1112.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,090  
Worked on shed to store tractor toys. The doors are all red oak from trees that where cleared to build the house and shop. I plan to side the shed with Oak as well. Question is, do I let it grey naturally or seal it with an outdoor stain?
View attachment 273865View attachment 273866

VERY NICE!

Stain it, 100%

Those are some nice planks, did you mill them yourself?

David