TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,121  
Got another 1.1 hours in today moving more dirt around from the pond and leveling some areas of the yard. I've let the yard go to too long without much care other than mowing. I'll get it flat again eventually. I should buy a box blade to drag out some high spots into the low spots. It could also serve as a ballast when not using the backhoe.

Nice looking walkway. You can take the string off the porch posts now . The straight line is cast in concrete.

I also removed the string from the porch post. :) To tell the truth, I didn't notice it was still on there until I snapped the photo.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,122  
the only time ive gotten on the tractor is just to move it around while we serviced it.need to get back to shredding when it cools off.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,123  
Spread Lime on two food plots this am. Fertilized and seeded one. Ran the disk over the other one in an attempt to help it dry out. Believe it or not it is way too wet. May have to fertilize and seed by hand, ugh. At least it is the smaller one.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,124  
Built the left side of my landscape wall. Now I just have to put on the cap blocks and add 4" of loam. The last picture is July 2000, 2 months into the project. It has taken me a while.

Attachments

• BackWall14.JPG
    BackWall14.JPG
    635.2 KB · Views: 226
  • BackWall15.JPG
    BackWall15.JPG
    554.7 KB · Views: 221
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 224
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,125  
Mixed and spread 572 tons of road base over geotextile today for a parking lot. Three guys on the ground and me on the tractor. We're about halfway to completion as of this evening. Here's a photo of our noon load, putting us at 260 tons.
KrumDuringBase02.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,126  
Gordon Gould said:
Built the left side of my landscape wall. Now I just have to put on the cap blocks and add 4" of loam. The last picture is July 2000, 2 months into the project. It has taken me a while.

Very nice job, but I still don't get why you ran the right wall into the mountain of dirt, instead of just running it straight out from the house tapering down as the hill gets smaller. Oh unless you plan on putting a staircase where you turned the wall into the dirt, and then continuing straight out and tapering down. Is that the plan?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,127  
Very nice job, but I still don't get why you ran the right wall into the mountain of dirt, instead of just running it straight out from the house tapering down as the hill gets smaller. Oh unless you plan on putting a staircase where you turned the wall into the dirt, and then continuing straight out and tapering down. Is that the plan?

Thanks
Why ? I guess I don't really have a good reason :laughing:
I was originally going to do it the way you described but as I looked around at walls I decided that I didn't really like the looks of long cliff like walls perpendicular to a house. I just wanted something to make it look finished and unobtrusive I guess.
And now I can still have fun riding the mower down that bank and the grandkids still have a steep hill to roll down :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,129  
Took a bucket of wood scraps to the burn pile, then pressure washed the tractor. It's been awhile since it was this clean!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,130  
If my math is right that must be close to 400 yards :thumbsup:
What method and equipment did you use to spread it ?

Good math skills Gordon. I mixed and spread 580 tons today and have a little to spread and touch up the curbs areas tomorrow.

I scarified and ripped the grass up with my New Holland TC35D Friday then used a Kubota SVL75 CTL with a Land Pride Power Rake to strip it and rake it into a stock pile. Saturday I spread about 120 yards of select fill (red dirt) that was sitting in the middle of it (leftovers from the baseball field install.) I used the power rake to spread and level out the soil then compacted the lot (50,000+ sq ft) with a vibratory roller. Yesterday and today I mixed and spread the road base with my tractor and box blade. Tomorrow afternoon or Saturday I'll compact it again and then it's a done deal.