TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #211  
Today's seat time was one of the most frustrating afternoons I have spent with a tractor. This morning it was windy and chilly so decided it would be a good time to do the first service on my JD 3320. Started a fire in the wood stove in my garage and went to the JD dealer to get filters and oil. Removed the loader from the tractor and put it in the garage and closed the overhead door. When I raised the hood on the tractor I noted that the overhead door would strike the hood if I were to use the electric opener to open it. Pulled the drain plug and let the oil drain while I worked on another project - installing an electric horn in the front cowling. After getting the horn mounted I pulled the old filter and installed the new one but went back to working on the solenoid and wiring for the horn. There was not much light where I was working even though I had a trouble light. Decided it would be smart to open the overhead door for some more light. Without thinking, I reached over and pushed the opener button. The door caught the hood before I realized my mistake. Luckily, I could not find any damage to the hood but the slip clutch on the door opener caused the opener stops to get out of sync and spent 45 minutes working on the opener to get it back in adjustment. Decided I better get some oil in the engine before I accidentally started the engine with no oil. Found a funnel that would work and proceded to pour in five quarts of oil. Looked down and there was an $18 puddle of oil on the floor. I had forgot to put the drain plug back in. Went back to the dealer for more oil, filled the crankcase and got the tractor out of the garage to end an afternoon of stupid mistakes. In the future, I think I will concentrate on one project at a time. I always change oil in my cars and pickup without these kind of problems.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #212  
Today's seat time was one of the most frustrating afternoons I have spent with a tractor.

Hang in there buddy, we've all been there at one time or another.

Over the weekend, spread 24 ton of limestone, dug a 100' trench for the neighbor's electrical feed to his new garage (should have seen the area where I had to do that!!!:eek:) and cut the grass...All with the BX23...Love this thing more every year!!!!:D:D

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME
Today's seat time was one of the most frustrating afternoons I have spent with a tractor. This morning it was windy and chilly so decided it would be a good time to do the first service on my JD 3320. Started a fire in the wood stove in my garage and went to the JD dealer to get filters and oil. Removed the loader from the tractor and put it in the garage and closed the overhead door. When I raised the hood on the tractor I noted that the overhead door would strike the hood if I were to use the electric opener to open it. Pulled the drain plug and let the oil drain while I worked on another project - installing an electric horn in the front cowling. After getting the horn mounted I pulled the old filter and installed the new one but went back to working on the solenoid and wiring for the horn. There was not much light where I was working even though I had a trouble light. Decided it would be smart to open the overhead door for some more light. Without thinking, I reached over and pushed the opener button. The door caught the hood before I realized my mistake. Luckily, I could not find any damage to the hood but the slip clutch on the door opener caused the opener stops to get out of sync and spent 45 minutes working on the opener to get it back in adjustment. Decided I better get some oil in the engine before I accidentally started the engine with no oil. Found a funnel that would work and proceded to pour in five quarts of oil. Looked down and there was an $18 puddle of oil on the floor. I had forgot to put the drain plug back in. Went back to the dealer for more oil, filled the crankcase and got the tractor out of the garage to end an afternoon of stupid mistakes. In the future, I think I will concentrate on one project at a time. I always change oil in my cars and pickup without these kind of problems.
Did your moma tell you there would be days like that?
Cheer up /it could have been worse.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #218  
Nothing like going outside during lunch and spending some time digging a ditch that needs to be dug... :) It was just 40 minutes (and now I am back at my desk working), but it clears the head nicely...

-Tom