TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,191  
Nice looking driveway. I need to get some rock myself. The quarry is about a mile down the road so its convenient, but you can sure hear the dynamite some days. This morning used the fel to pull two orders of ruby loropetlums and big leylands. Got to love a fel.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,192  
Saturday I got a couple hours of seat time bush hogging. I finished up the section that will be the "South Pasture" and much of the sloped area that will eventually be in the "North Pasture". I am still very nervous and careful on slopes. Mostly I try to only go straight up & down, always in 4wd with all implements don low.

I also ran most of a tank of gas on my Stihl FS90 with the metal "Brush Blade" WOW! This was the first time I ever used the metal blade and it was AMAZING! I was clearing brush like never before!. I'm going to be using it to clear some trails VERY soon and VERY often!

Be well all.
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,193  
Saturday I got a couple hours of seat time bush hogging. I finished up the section that will be the "South Pasture" and much of the sloped area that will eventually be in the "North Pasture". I am still very nervous and careful on slopes. Mostly I try to only go straight up & down, always in 4wd with all implements don low.

I also ran most of a tank of gas on my Stihl FS90 with the metal "Brush Blade" WOW! This was the first time I ever used the metal blade and it was AMAZING! I was clearing brush like never before!. I'm going to be using it to clear some trails VERY soon and VERY often!

Be well all.
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,194  
We had a section of driveway whose surface was getting thin and it was hard to grade because the road bed rock was showing thru here and there. I put a skim coat of 3/4 Sta-mat on it. It took ten loads with my 2001 Ram 3500 Dump. 35 ton total over 750 feet of driveway. There is a good size Pike Industries crusher plant two miles down the road that I haul from. We are really lucky that they welcome guys like me with small trucks making many trips as customers. They are very community orientated. I tailgate spread the gravel then went over it with the land plane grader blade to finish it off.

Nice work on the driveway. Did you build that land plane?

I'd like to build something similar if I can't find one at a decent price.

Heading over to the auction near New Holland, PA tomorrow to see what's available.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,195  
Nice work on the driveway. Did you build that land plane?
I'd like to build something similar if I can't find one at a decent price.

Heading over to the auction near New Holland, PA tomorrow to see what's available.

Thanks - land plane grader makes it easy. Yes it is homemade. A picture before paint and cutting edges.

Attachments

• RtSideSm.JPG
    RtSideSm.JPG
    697.2 KB · Views: 401
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,196  
I spent about and hour and 1/2 running over to my neighbor's place and back. He had a large black walnut tree come down a little over a year ago. He cut it up into large logs. I asked him what he was going to do with it. If we could find a sawmill around somewhere, they might get some nice boards out of it. The trunk is very straight. There were 2 chunks about 16 inches across and 20 inches high, plus 4 logs all about a foot across and 8-9 feet long, plus 4 smaller logs also 8-9 feet long. He gave up on finding anybody and gave it to me just to get rid of it. I've got a few calls to make to see if anybody can make use of it, but otherwise it's firewood. I made 5 trips over and back and need to make 3 more. The big logs were heavy enough that my tires were starting to squat. Granted they are the turfs, but I have them pumped up to the max. I guess the logs are fairly heavy. :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,197  
I spent 3 hours spreading 3/4" crush around my pole barn and over a new fill area that we did yesterday. Some of todays time was knocking down loads of top soil that I have to put over my septic field. My friend who is doing the hauling with his dump truck needed the loads knocked down since there is limited access to the drain field and he needs a level area to dump in. Tomorrow he will bring another load and his dozer to spread it and put a nice grade on it to shed normal run off.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,198  
Couple hours today rigging and then moving an 8x8 shed. Dragged it about 60ft across back yard but the hardest part was getting it up over 3ft high stone wall. Will finish up tomorrow leveling and geting up on cement blocks.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,199  
I spent about and hour and 1/2 running over to my neighbor's place and back. He had a large black walnut tree come down a little over a year ago. He cut it up into large logs. I asked him what he was going to do with it. If we could find a sawmill around somewhere, they might get some nice boards out of it. The trunk is very straight. There were 2 chunks about 16 inches across and 20 inches high, plus 4 logs all about a foot across and 8-9 feet long, plus 4 smaller logs also 8-9 feet long. He gave up on finding anybody and gave it to me just to get rid of it. I've got a few calls to make to see if anybody can make use of it, but otherwise it's firewood. I made 5 trips over and back and need to make 3 more. The big logs were heavy enough that my tires were starting to squat. Granted they are the turfs, but I have them pumped up to the max. I guess the logs are fairly heavy. :laughing:

Why can't you live closer :D I'd mill that up for ya!

i-CcQSSh2-M.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,200  
Thanks - land plane grader makes it easy. Yes it is homemade. A picture before paint and cutting edges.

Gordon,
I copied your pic in a post I have about land plane's. I'd love to build one someday and keep that thread handy for 'notes'. I'd love to know more about your land plane, such as steel thickness, weight, size or anything you feel like sharing. I've always admired how well that came out. Yours and Jenkins are two that I want to copy when I build one. Well, if you don't mind anyways. :laughing: