Page 222 of 365 FirstFirst ... 122172212219220221222223224225232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3646
    Tractor
    Kubota b3200hst

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Not much seat time according to the hour meter, but tried out a new way of storing my excess firewood so I only have to stack it once. Free pallets (my local store has to pay to dispose of them so they are happy if they disappear!) and a couple of 2x4s.
    -firewood-pallet-2-jpg-firewood-pallet-1-jpg
    This is pretty much the limit for my B3200 FEL with wet poplar/maple.

Dodging the showers, today was a beautiful day to be in the yard......
    -fall-2012-2-jpg-fall-2012-1-jpg

Soon this will be covered in snow (more tractor time) and then these lovely trees will produce sap for our family's maple syrup and the cycle continues

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

The past two days I have been bush hogging along the tree line. The time consuming thing is that you have to back in, pull out and move over a little and back in again. Also there is a sharp drop off to be careful of. But it sure does look nice when I finished.

Moved a little wood to the splitter using the fel as a wheel barrow and work table. Sure saves a lot of back strain having the loader do the lifting.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie1 View Post
    1*tried out a new way of storing my excess firewood so I only have to stack it once.
    2*Free pallets (my local store has to pay to dispose of them so they are happy if they disappear!) and a couple of 2x4s.

1* I like this.
    It's quick easy simple and free and is stackable too.
    What more could you ask for?
    I don't know how i missed this one since i have used pallets for so many tractoring purposes.
    2*I get all the free pallets I want / need at Lowes .
    I have also gotten nice several boards such as 2x4 and several other sizes along with both treared and untreated plywood sheets
    Last edited by LBrown59; 10-07-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: to missed up to leave it alone.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Kubota b3200hst

Quote Originally Posted by LBrown59
    I don't know how i missed this one since i have used pallets for so many tractoring purposes.
    Of course I can't claim credit for this as I saw the idea somewhere on TBN (where else?) but I liked the idea and tried it out. Works for me and others....

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Yesterday I taught my self how to cut a PTO shaft. Today I tested out my Wallenstein BX42. Great machine!
    Kubota BX2360, 54" Fine Cut MMM, LA243 FEL, BX2789 Rear Snow Thrower

Tractor
    2007 New Holland TC34DA

Last Saturday it was time to dig out some dirt behind the barn to improve drainage from a hill behind it. After every rain a puddle collects there. An inch of rain had fallen in the past few days, softening the ground a bit and showing where to dig.

With smooth bucket FEL and box blade, I scraped off the top foot or so in a taper from the barn down to the base of the hill, the low end forming a swale leading to a creek. There was no good place to leave the spoils, so they are currently piled up like a levee between the hill and the barn. After two hours, the pile was 1.5 ft high, 4 ft wide, and about 40 ft long which comes to about 9 cubic yards. There were plenty of basketball sized rocks to pry out which made for slow going.

Unfortunately, maneuvering among the rocks pushed in the sidewall of the right rear tire, broke the bead, and caused it to lose air. It took me another hour or so to wash the mud off, jack up the rear end, wrap not one but two 2" ratchet straps around the tire (standing on the ratchet handles to get enough force) to press the bead back against the rim, then reaching in behind the tire to its valve stem with the air hose to pop the bead back on.

Tire pressure was 18psi which is good for traction but not enough to prevent this kind of flat. Max is 30psi in the rears (19.5x12.25 R4s). Next time I'll try 25psi as a compromise. There was no fluid in the tire; it would have be lost when the bead came off. I keep the tractor light for transport and ballast it as needed.

I pumped a bunch of red grease into the FEL pivots after washing. They had been in the mud and the new grease pushed a bunch of black stuff out from inside the joints.

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

I started cutting some old Fir today as an on going forest improvement project. Around here fir more than 50 or 60 years old has stump rot that only gets worse with time. I have to keep trimming the butts until I reach solid wood and hope I have enough left to make 2 or 3 fairly straight 10' or 12' foot saw logs. It takes about 8 trees to get a 500 board foot load in my one ton dump which right now is worth $140 at the saw mill 7 miles away. It is slow work. I try not to do to much damage. I am lucky to make $12 an hour after fuel. But it keeps an old guy busy and happy.
    I took some pictures of the first 2 trees. There was a little hole I was able to winch them up through, tops first. The foliage is on the way out but it is still pretty in the woods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -p1060051-jpg   -p1060054-jpg   -p1060057-jpg   -p1060063-jpg  
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, "L/60" Custom & 70 I

Spent a good part of today deepening the edge of a pond at the farm! Area is about 50' long & 2-1/2' deeper now, used the clay to build up a roadway & fill some nearby ditches. Using the 790 w/300 loader.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hpim1046-custom-jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 4410

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould
    I started cutting some old Fir today as an on going forest improvement project. Around here fir more than 50 or 60 years old has stump rot that only gets worse with time. I have to keep trimming the butts until I reach solid wood and hope I have enough left to make 2 or 3 fairly straight 10' or 12' foot saw logs. It takes about 8 trees to get a 500 board foot load in my one ton dump which right now is worth $140 at the saw mill 7 miles away. It is slow work. I try not to do to much damage. I am lucky to make $12 an hour after fuel. But it keeps an old guy busy and happy.
    I took some pictures of the first 2 trees. There was a little hole I was able to winch them up through, tops first. The foliage is on the way out but it is still pretty in the woods.
    Hard to tell in the photo......is that fir or beech?

Page 222 of 365 FirstFirst ... 122172212219220221222223224225232272322 ... LastLast