TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,221  

Attachments

• LoadingTrk4.jpg
    LoadingTrk4.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 300
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,224  
Had the tractor over a friends house helping remove some roots around his drainfield. Battery died while I was there. Ended up putting it on the charger for a while and it finished the day. Checked voltage on battery when I got it home and it was only 11.2V with the tractor running. Figures something would happen, Bobcat's warranty is only 1 year, I have owned it 1 year and 1 week. Called to price the parts to replace it myself and got put on hold long enough I just hung up. Went back out to trouble shoot some more and found the wire going to the alternator had come loose in its connector. Snapped back together and all is good now.

We ended up digging all around the distribution box of the drain field to break up all the roots in the area. Had to pull a lot of them out of the lines too. Lines were getting plugged but we were able to work them all out and all the lines are flowing good again. Good thing we caught this early, could have been very costly if the roots had gotten too far in the lines.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,225  
Had the tractor over a friends house helping remove some roots around his drainfield. Battery died while I was there. Ended up putting it on the charger for a while and it finished the day. Checked voltage on battery when I got it home and it was only 11.2V with the tractor running. Figures something would happen, Bobcat's warranty is only 1 year, I have owned it 1 year and 1 week. Called to price the parts to replace it myself and got put on hold long enough I just hung up. Went back out to trouble shoot some more and found the wire going to the alternator had come loose in its connector. Snapped back together and all is good now.

We ended up digging all around the distribution box of the drain field to break up all the roots in the area. Had to pull a lot of them out of the lines too. Lines were getting plugged but we were able to work them all out and all the lines are flowing good again. Good thing we caught this early, could have been very costly if the roots had gotten too far in the lines.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,227  
A few photos from today. The second one was a long winch. You can bearly see the tractor thru the slash. A perfect day to work in the woods

Attachments

• P1060118.JPG
    P1060118.JPG
    834.7 KB · Views: 248
  • P1060083.JPG
    P1060083.JPG
    796.7 KB · Views: 225
  • P1060094.JPG
    P1060094.JPG
    807.6 KB · Views: 214
  • P1060109.JPG
    P1060109.JPG
    744.1 KB · Views: 223
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,228  
I used the B 26 to dig up a 60 foot tall pine tree that was growing between two larger trees. Had to chain saw a couple of roots then hook 2-25 foot chains and a 20 foot tow strap together to pull it over. I tied the chain as high as I could on the tree by standing in my RTV 900. I tried to pull it with the RTV but couldnt so I hooked on the B26 and pulled it over. It was about 10 feet shy of my tractor when it toppled. It was held up in the air about 10 feet and had to work it with the hoe to get that last bit of trunk severed. Then I used the fel to drag it out of the hole and backfill it. Got about 1/2 hour doing that and then on the way back to the house I decided to finish off grading a ditch to smooth the banks so I could mow without turning the lawn mower over. I had fixed all of it but about 15 feet previously so I was just finishing up a previous project.
None tractor work was removing some electric fencing that we had put up during the drought to graze some of the yard grass rather than mowing it. Pasture grass got pretty lean before the arrival of T.S. Ivan which gave us 1.5" which was first rain since 1st of May.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,229  
well... last weekend I put about 8 hours in the seat on the hunt lease cutting roads, shooting lanes and food plots. After that the next morning did a bunch of landscaping and wound up over-straining the back the worst I've ever experienced.... percocet and muscle relaxers for the last week. Lesson learned next year don't try to do the hunt lease all in one day... too much banging around going over wind rows and un-even terrain. what really hurts is the big 5-0 is in a couple weeks... and I've been hearing it from lots of folks

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,230  
wound up over-straining the back the worst I've ever experienced.... percocet and muscle relaxers for the last week. Lesson learned

Glad you got the work done but sorry about the back. That is a hard lesson to learn especially when hunting has top priority. Don't ask how I know and don't get back at it to soon. It actually goes better for me now that I am retired. I can do a little every day. I think that is better