TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,231  
Thanks Gordon... will break it into different parts next year..... usually only do about 3-4 hours but this time it took so long just really tried to get too much done.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,232  
001.JPG002.JPG003.JPGI know that feeling well. Easy to overdo a lot of stuff as we get older. Today I did a little work with the Kubota B26, digging out some of the small creek and adding a little more dirt to th creek dam. Also shifted a huge boulder around with the backhoe. I had put it there with my LS7010. It wouldnt lift it, but would shov it so it has just sat in the position that it fell into the creek. I put it there to slow down the water an keep it from washing in the bends.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,233  
DSCN0010a.jpgDSCN0011a.jpgDSCN0012a.jpgDSCN0013a.jpgDSCN0014a.jpgSpent this evening harvesting rocks from the small creek and doing a little erosion control in the bigger creek. Wonder how much the rock weighs in the bucket? The bucket is a 72".

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,234  
Spent 3hours this morning on trail improvements with my cross country ski club. Fun exploring the trails with the tractor and lots of fill spread. According to the team I was working with the tractor beats a wheelbarrow!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,235  
Cleaning up one of the tracks & cutting a little wood for fence strainer posts:-

Attachments

• A1.JPG
    A1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 223
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,236  
Fiance got a chance to move the bigger of the 24 trees we took down now that the ballast barrel is complete and on.

P1010890.jpg

P1010892.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,237  
Yesterday I fired up the tractor and moved it out of the "barn" for the first time in a couple weeks. I needed to get to some of the hay so I could restock upat the house for daily feedings. Using the grapple I also grabbed the toothbar I had left by the "garden" project area and moved it up where the bucket is.

I left the tractor out for now so I might get the chance to use it today!

Be well all.
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,238  
Cut a little fire wood today. The new hydraulic top link works nice to level the spliter on the hill side.

Attachments

• IMAG1435.jpg
    IMAG1435.jpg
    908.4 KB · Views: 325
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,239  
My neighbor Joe has an Outdoor Wood Boiler. He cuts a lot of fire wood. I see him all the time working with no chaps and no helmet. Yesterday he was cutting some standing dead pine in his woods. He got one about 14" in diameter hung up. Then he cut one block off the bottom to try to free it. Some limbs came down but not the tree. He was not hurt and he was smart enough to ask for help. I was glad to oblige.
It only took me about 15 minutes to pull the tree down and drag it and another one up to his little work road.
When working in the woods, and especially around dead trees or live trees with dead limbs, the danger of stuff falling is to often ignored or not even considered. Many people are seriously hurt and worse by falling limbs. I personally know some of them. It can't be said enough times. Be safe. Wear a helmet. Wear chaps. Always look up before you cut.

Attachments

• Joe3.JPG
    Joe3.JPG
    727.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Joe1.JPG
    Joe1.JPG
    803.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Joe2.JPG
    Joe2.JPG
    742.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited: