TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,242  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,243  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,244  
Been working snowmobile trails last couple of weeks as time allows. Used BX23 to knock over some smaller dead cedar for use in completing corduroy road project week ago. Today pushed back some junipers, removed some rocks and small stumps from the trail. Tractor blew hydraulic hose moving rocks in last sedtion I planned to work today @ around 1:15. I'm mile out on a powerline, truck and trailer are parked on transfer station property 15-20 min drive one way from NAPA, transfer gates close @ 5:00 and I have to at least move some spoils to get out. :mur:
Ok plan:
1. go home get 4whlr (faster than walking back carrying hose and fluid)
2. push speed limit:mischievous: getting to and from NAPA
3. install new hose and fluid
4. complete project or move enough spoils to get out
5. Drive tractor and tow 4 whlr back to truck
6. Load tractor and drive 4whlr to friends home outside transfer station
7. Walk back retrive truck and tractor

Mission accomplished with 5 mins to spare:drink:. Will need to return to finish rock removal.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,245  
Would somebody splain why a land plane is better than a box scraper?
I have almost a mile of gravel, mod. steep driveway. I've started filling in the "rain washes" with mid sized ballast stones. The crush and run becomes crush and float away....

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,246  
I have almost a mile of gravel, mod. steep driveway. I've started filling in the "rain washes" with mid sized ballast stones. The crush and run becomes crush and float away....

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,247  
You might not have to choose - I have a box scraper, been thinking about a plane, then this showed up

Roll ur own land plane build

I think I'd make the joint between the two adjustable for height somehow (my wife's word when she wants ME to do all the thinking :=) - that way you could "dial in" the amount of cut/spill from the box into the add-on.

Other than that, it would seem to be the best of both worlds... Steve

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,248  
After fabricating a longer hood latch plate... logged 3.5 hours yesterday helping neighbor reclaim a total of 2 acres of land in 4 separate areas of his property that had become very overgrown with brambles, sticker bushes, vines and a few smaller trees. Box bladed all of it and then cleaned out, leveled, and prepped his garden for tilling when he's ready. We had an excellent lil fire where we pondered the more important things of life as we enjoyed a few cold ones. All in all, a durn near purrrrfect day IMHO.

Today, I spent the better part of an hour washing the tractor down and looking for items needing attention. Looks like the exhaust needs to be welded again. Getting tired of fixing this G-D exhaust. Prolly going to break down and purchase the revised exhaust that does not have the vibration / metal fatigue issues. Going to do a lube job to the loader tonight along with the exhaust repair. (Will add another support bracket for the exhaust - eventually this thing is going to have to go bye bye. Bad design but it is what it is.

Almost all of the earth moving stuff is performed on hard TN clay so not the "best" tractor but is very capable if you don't try and push it.
TYM233

I will try to get some pic's up if anybody wants to see what's been done so far. (Only have the "after" pics... no "before" pics.)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,249  

I don't think one is better than the other. They are two different tools.
The Land Plane's speciality is rejuvinating road surfaces by shaving a flat surface removing washboard and the like, remixing the surface gravel, and laying the remixed gravel evenly on the new flat surface.
The box blade is more universal but its basic use is to cut material, hold it in the box, and then distribute it in a new location. The operator controls how far the material is moved with the three point height control and the top link length. (Thats a simple explanation of a complex tool.)
If your road keeps washing out you need to reshape it to get the water off to the edges quicker and not allow any other surface water to flow into the road. Do not allow any water to flow parallel with the road ie down the tire tracks. If you just refill the washouts they will continue to reoccur.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,250  
Been working snowmobile trails last couple of weeks as time allows. Used BX23 to knock over some smaller dead cedar for use in completing corduroy road project week ago. Today pushed back some junipers, removed some rocks and small stumps from the trail. Tractor blew hydraulic hose moving rocks in last sedtion I planned to work today @ around 1:15. I'm mile out on a powerline, truck and trailer are parked on transfer station property 15-20 min drive one way from NAPA, transfer gates close @ 5:00 and I have to at least move some spoils to get out. :mur:
Ok plan:
1. go home get 4whlr (faster than walking back carrying hose and fluid)
2. push speed limit:mischievous: getting to and from NAPA
3. install new hose and fluid
4. complete project or move enough spoils to get out
5. Drive tractor and tow 4 whlr back to truck
6. Load tractor and drive 4whlr to friends home outside transfer station
7. Walk back retrive truck and tractor

Mission accomplished with 5 mins to spare:drink:. Will need to return to finish rock removal.

Those are always some of the more interesting days. You get an unexpected problem and have a tight time constraint to get it fixed. Glad you made it.