TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,331  
Started a snow road down to my log landing so I can get my truck in there.

Attachments

• SnowRoad.JPG
    SnowRoad.JPG
    407.9 KB · Views: 285
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,332  
A little time plowing with lots more to do tomorrow then broke out a road to my daughters walkout basement so we could get a U-haul truck full of household goods to the door. I had to help the truck in and out but it was a nice easy pull in and out. Sure is nice having enough tractor set up for snow.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,333  
Another hour and a half plowing the driveway again, between the wind and the snow that keeps coming i'll be doing this for a few more days. I love winter!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,334  
3rd time snowblowing for the year got to find a system.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,335  
About 30 mins today pulling/pushing stricken 4 whr into to garage and cleaning up what snow 4whr didn't finish. Whr must have a short as this 2nd time in 3 weeks it has quit with same symtoms. Dealer replaced fuse last time and it started and ran fine until last night.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,336  
We're going through our square bales faster than anticipated so I went to the other farm and got a load of round bales. These were some that didn't fit in the shed so they need to be used up first. Total of hay and trailer was about 9700lbs, a pretty good load for the 5203. P1010867sm.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,337  
Seat time has been spent plowing snow, 7 hr over 2 days to clear our 8 inches and then another 4 hr after we got 4 inches more a couple of days later. The drive and roadway to the barn and barnyard were an inch of solid ice. It took nothing for the tires to spin, front and back and contributed to plowing time. After the second snow I ordered some chains. I never thought I would need to.
Today I stuck the carry all on and brought in firewood while it was nice outside. A birch had snapped a week ago my wife told me and had hinged itself down onto our metal roof- then been snowed on. 20' length or so. I cut it free of the trunk and pulled it off the roof with the tractor and chain. It didn't want to come at first, but did. Roof looks good.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,338  
Seat time has been spent plowing snow, 7 hr over 2 days to clear our 8 inches and then another 4 hr after we got 4 inches more a couple of days later. The drive and roadway to the barn and barnyard were an inch of solid ice. It took nothing for the tires to spin, front and back and contributed to plowing time. After the second snow I ordered some chains. I never thought I would need to.
Today I stuck the carry all on and brought in firewood while it was nice outside. A birch had snapped a week ago my wife told me and had hinged itself down onto our metal roof- then been snowed on. 20' length or so. I cut it free of the trunk and pulled it off the roof with the tractor and chain. It didn't want to come at first, but did. Roof looks good.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,339  

Where did you order your chains from, i'm looking to get a set for my tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,340  
Where did you order your chains from, i'm looking to get a set for my tractor.

http://www.tirechain.com/?gclid=CJyd7rWpyLQCFcyf4AodSj8AxQ

I haven't gotten them yet-

Check your tire size- different for type of tire, R1 agriculture, turf tire, R4 midway between (wider tire)
My manual had the size, (also changed according to whether I had 2wd or 4wd). & The size was also stamped on the rim. & the tire size is also on the tire you have on the tractor. All good.
On my old Farmal cub I used to scrap together chains from what I could find.
This is easier.
Good luck.