TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,342  
Few hours playing on the tractor. Dug a 125 foot long, 3 foot deep trench for a water/power line from well house to main house for a plumber friend of mine. Then prepped the area around my driveway for pavers. Adding 500 sqft of parking area made out of pavers. The backhoe and ratchet rake made this very quick work.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,343  
Just catching up from last week. I spent a few hours playing. I am sure the neighbors are liking the new tractor just as much as I do considering I snowblowed 4 driveways 3x each just to get some "test hours"

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,344  
Started making my potato rows. Do you think it's too early?

Attachments

• 20130113_112508.jpg
    20130113_112508.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 296
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,345  

Looks like the ground is pretty easy to work right there. When I saw it I thought maybe a couple of those Maine bean holes would be good :D

Hope it comes out as easy as it went in. At least you have something to do outside now instead of sitting inside all frustrated looking out the window.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,347  

Double Post.

I'll take the opportunity to post my seat time today.

I unloaded a pallet of sweet feed for the goats from my truck and placed it in the barn. Then I moved the Christmas tree from the front porch to the brush pile.

ac

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,348  
Looks like the ground is pretty easy to work right there. When I saw it I thought maybe a couple of those Maine bean holes would be good :D

Hope it comes out as easy as it went in. At least you have something to do outside now instead of sitting inside all frustrated looking out the window.

It'd take some btu's to get the beans up to temp, but it's a good idea! Yeah, it came out, but the 4-7' logs of white oak blowdown I was recovering turned into a lot of work. Hard crawling out when you have forks on instead of the bucket. I had broken through the skim of ice on top and kept coming up on spots I couldn't break through. Turns out forks make good skis.

avc8130, originally I had been at the woodpile bringing in the weeks worth of wood, then I remembered seeing that blowdown and figured it'd only take a few minutes to bring it up. An hour later I sent the wife the above picture. I log into facebook and see the picture posted with this comment:

"I'm glad he doesn't get distracted easily, he was supposed to be working on the firewood sooooo how does this happen? Erik VonKlikenboomin howwwwww??"

I won't get into her girlfriends responses....

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,349  

It'd take some btu's to get the beans up to temp, but it's a good idea! Yeah, it came out, but the 4-7' logs of white oak blowdown I was recovering turned into a lot of work. Hard crawling out when you have forks on instead of the bucket. I had broken through the skim of ice on top and kept coming up on spots I couldn't break through. Turns out forks make good skis.

avc8130, originally I had been at the woodpile bringing in the weeks worth of wood, then I remembered seeing that blowdown and figured it'd only take a few minutes to bring it up. An hour later I sent the wife the above picture. I log into facebook and see the picture posted with this comment:

"I'm glad he doesn't get distracted easily, he was supposed to be working on the firewood sooooo how does this happen? Erik VonKlikenboomin howwwwww??"

I won't get into her girlfriends responses....

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,350  
I fired up the Kioti for the first time since 11/21/12...

I dropped the grapple & got the bucket. I moved an old rusting 55 gallon drum of rainwater and diesel that has been setting outside for many, many years. I moved it out of he future pasture and close to the gate so I can dispose of it some day.

I also used the ratchet rake and scraped to bare dirt all around a large burn pile that I will light up tonight for a goo friend's son and his buddies. they are all midshipmen plebes (1st year) at the US Naval Academy. He is an outstanding young man and I consider him a buddy also, and his dad is one of he best men I know (CDR in USN, Physician's Assistant, and last tour in A-stan he got a bronze star, yup he rocks).

Felt awesome to be back in the saddle. I will keep it out tonight so I can manage if the fire tries to spread, the ground is soaking wet so I suspect all will be fine. The tomorrow I will put the tractor away again...

I think I'll have 45 min or so by tonight...

Be well,
David