TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,362  
Wish we had some snow here. We don't and it's all my fault because after freezing my buns for tha last 23 years I built a cab.

My seat time today was only to see how hard the Kubota would be to start (17° is the coldest it's been since we got it) and if the heater would warm the cab at that temp. After about 10 seconds of glow plugs and it started right up. A slow drive to the mailbox and the heater hoses were warm. Another 5 minutes or so running around in a field and it was OK with the fan on low.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,363  
January and February can get cold here too. But it hit 68 here today and they are saying 70 for tomorrow. I am down with a flat front tire. 2 new ones on the way from Summit Racing along with some metal valve stems. Should be back up by the weekend. In the mean time it is a good time to clean up the shop.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,364  
Wish we had some snow here. We don't and it's all my fault because after freezing my buns for tha last 23 years I built a cab.

My seat time today was only to see how hard the Kubota would be to start (17° is the coldest it's been since we got it) and if the heater would warm the cab at that temp. After about 10 seconds of glow plugs and it started right up. A slow drive to the mailbox and the heater hoses were warm. Another 5 minutes or so running around in a field and it was OK with the fan on low.

Good to hear the cab is working out like you had planned, I followed your build thread and was impressed. It is supposed to be below zero here tonight so maybe I'll fire the tractor up tomorrow and post a cold start video.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,365  
Finally got a little seat time with my LS. I notice my brother in law moving some dirt with his NH 2030 so I went to check it out. He was filling in some wallow holes in his cattle holding pen. I got my B26 and got in the pen and levelled out the dirt/mud as best I could and saw the need for a lot more dirt so I took the B26 back to the shop, picked up the LS and moved several buckets of dirt into the pen and levelled it out. The LS hauls about 3 times the dirt as any of the other tractors. We finished that task and was STS about the ponds being full and maybe the spillway that we built up last summer might be a little higher than the dike walls. We rode over to the pond in BIL's gator and took a look and decided that indeed we needed to cut down the spillway a bit. We then went back, got the LS P7010 and I knocked out a chunk of the spill way so it was about 6" below the water level. This will leave it about 6" below the lowest point in the dike when it starts to overflow. We wanted the pond to fill as deep as possible as it was way low in the summer drought. NOW we will have about 18-20 feet of water in the deep end. IT slopes pretty rapidly so there should be plenty of water in it for next year. The other 3 ponds have been overflowing since Christmas and one more good rain will put this one to overflow condition. It has never been as high as it is now since it was built 3 years ago.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,367  
No much seat time today but i did get some sawing done. I now need to build a wood sawing rack for cutting up all this wood i have atleast 4 more loads of wood like this left on his property. I cut the stuff larger than 8" diameter and throw it in my carry all for ballast the rest goes on the loader. The wood is from my neighbors which is between 0.7 - 0.8 miles round trip through the woods so i want to minimize the number of trips on the tractor. the forks carry about 3 times the wood that i can stack into my 84" bucket
photo-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg
photo1-vi.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,368  
xring, those forks look like they work pretty well on that small stuff. I end up with tons of it during the winter but don't have a good system to get it home so I leave it trail side and get it little by little in the summer with the bucket and carry all or 4-wheeler and trailer after I buck it up in the woods which is a pain. I see forks in the future.
Looks like you have less snow than we do. I like your night time woods road picture.

Attachments

• BigFir7.JPG
    BigFir7.JPG
    609.5 KB · Views: 171
  • First2013Load1.JPG
    First2013Load1.JPG
    540.2 KB · Views: 228
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,369  
xring, those forks look like they work pretty well on that small stuff. I end up with tons of it during the winter but don't have a good system to get it home so I leave it trail side and get it little by little in the summer with the bucket and carry all or 4-wheeler and trailer after I buck it up in the woods which is a pain. I see forks in the future.
Looks like you have less snow than we do. I like your night time woods road picture.

Thanks, I like the evening photos in the woods too especially after an afternoon of hard work. I have a set of Rigid D2 Wide angles for light. I like your dump truck i wish i had one although i have access to a dump trailer just not a good tow vehicle. Pallet forks are awesome believe it or not I use them as much or more than my bucket. I would recommend the quick detach style v. clamp on or strap on forks for what your doing as you keep the loader lift capacity seeing as you do some heavy lifting like i do. I would like to get a Winch some day i have been looking at the Wallensteins.

Oh yeah the snow here has been pathetic for the last two winters
PS. The forks also lift big wood too :D In this case we were getting ready to load it onto a bandsaw mill
photo1-vi.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,370  
Spread 3 loads of gravel (almost finished before the heavens opened up and had to change tasks)

Did some ditching and damage control. We were hit with a ton of water in a very short amount of time and then continued raining for several hours. Large chunk of the neighborhood is still under water. Most of the flooding has gone bye bye. I knew the rains were coming but it hasn't been this bad in over 13 years. Did some road work yesterday in prep for the coming storm (gravel rd needed serious attention and a re-crown.

All told I have a lousy 15 hours of seat time since yesterday and almost ten of those hours were in the rain.

Gotta build a canopy for this thing.