Page 242 of 382 FirstFirst ... 142192232239240241242243244245252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3813
    Platinum Member High Compression's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Well, I just spent 6 hrs bouncing around 126 acres of pasture, pulling a fertilizer buggy with my L5740. I need 4shorts air ride seat.!
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Yesterday I tore up my kitchen tile (along with gutting my whole kitchen) and brought the tractor up next to the house, raised the bucket up level with the window, and filled the bucket with demo'd tile. Then I'd go dump it in the "bagster" about 40' away and return for another load. All in all not much seat time but sure saved a lot of work.
    It was nice to use the bucket again, it mostly just sits and rusts ever since I got the grapple a few years ago.
    I am really surprized you didn't use your grapple to gut the kitchen

Sorry - couldn't help myself.
    Plenty of work in a kitchen project - good luck and have fun. If you are like me you will be looking out the window alot.
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    John Deere 5403, International Harvester 584

My day started with a drive out to Middletown to get a load of Ag-lime. Then back to the field to spread it. My Pop actually got quite a bit more seat time than me using the IH584 to pull the spreader. I followed up with the JD5403 and disc. I gotta give a shout out to my F450 though. It walked the walk coming up I-66 and Route 17 back to Fredericksburg. I apologize to the folks who got caught behind me. Even with the tarp, I was leaving quite a dust trail. It was a little windy and I did have the hamma down! 6 tons and the fuel mileage was still in the double digits!

Hawk
    A lil bit country, and a whole lotta soul, wid a taste of hip hop flava on the side.

JD 5403, , IH 584, NH 846 Baler, NH 492 Haybine, Woods E320 Batwing Rotary Cutter, Landpride RCR1572 Rotary Cutter, WR Long 72" OBRG, LandPride RB3596 Landscape Blade, '74 Diamond Reo Dump Truck; '70 F880, '94 Freightliner Classic, KNC 10 tooth Chisel Plow, New Holland Manure Spreader, 35' Texas Bragg Flatbed Gooseneck, Case 450 Track Loader, H-90CM Wheel Loader, '69 Kaiser Jeep M52A2 6x6

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Got 7 inches of snow over night. My Expedition would go through that easily of course, but my wife's car would not. So I took a 1/2 hour and cleared a path down the driveway before heading for work. Then I got another hour in after work finishing up. The rims on my BX were full of snow when I got done, so I just ran the toe of my boot around the inside of each rim before I put it into the garage. The last one, left rear, started to hiss and squirt out my fluid. So I got it in the garage quick and jacked it up and spun the valve stem to the top. It felt really wobbly, so I'm sure the rubber just gave out. I didn't even feel it when I "kicked" it. Guess I'll be calling around tomorrow to see if anybody can salvage the fluid and put in a new stem.

Tractor
    1958 Ford 961 Powermaster

Quote Originally Posted by RaydaKub View Post
    Got 7 inches of snow over night. My Expedition would go through that easily of course, but my wife's car would not. So I took a 1/2 hour and cleared a path down the driveway before heading for work. Then I got another hour in after work finishing up. The rims on my BX were full of snow when I got done, so I just ran the toe of my boot around the inside of each rim before I put it into the garage. The last one, left rear, started to hiss and squirt out my fluid. So I got it in the garage quick and jacked it up and spun the valve stem to the top. It felt really wobbly, so I'm sure the rubber just gave out. I didn't even feel it when I "kicked" it. Guess I'll be calling around tomorrow to see if anybody can salvage the fluid and put in a new stem.
    When I was a kid once I was kicking the snow out of the wheels on my dads tractor after he plowed and accidentally kicked the valve stem. Broke the thing half way off, let's just say I was not the favorite kid that day.
    Kubota L5240 with loader and backhoe

1958 Ford 961 Powermaster LP

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Quote Originally Posted by wmonroe View Post
    When I was a kid once I was kicking the snow out of the wheels on my dads tractor after he plowed and accidentally kicked the valve stem. Broke the thing half way off, let's just say I was not the favorite kid that day.
    Somethimg about how you put that really made me chuckle.

gg
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

I used my air compressor to pump up the pressure (repeatedly) so that it would quirt the fluid out the valve stem. I tipped the tire over so that it would squirt into my oil pan. I captured about 10 gallons of the 11 in the tire. Then I took it to the tire shop and they put in a new valve stem and didn't even charge me for it. I've bought 5 sets of 4 tires there over the years, so I guess they want to keep customers happy. Then I took it home and reloaded the tire. BX tires are small enough that you can still handle them loaded, so I just let lay flat on the floor and let the fluid flow from the top of a ladder using my dehumidifier bucket. Lot's of burps later, it was ready to put back on. If I had a larger tire, I'd make sure to get the metal valve so there was a bigger hole to fill faster. 1/8" is TEDIOUS. But I'm back in business.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 23

Did about an hour yesterday pushing back snow banks in advance of predicted 10"+ storm on Wednesday.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    McCormick CT28

i pushed the 6" of slush off the driveway before it turned to frozen ruts over the next few days. then i got yelled at for getting a little dirt in the lawn............

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

My neighbor recently sold his 60hp tractor (he is moving this summer and downsizing).

So Yesterday I got 20-30 min of mucking out his run-in shed back dragging with the bucket.

It was nice to be in the saddle again.

Be well,
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Page 242 of 382 FirstFirst ... 142192232239240241242243244245252292342 ... LastLast