TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,411  
Well, I just spent 6 hrs bouncing around 126 acres of pasture, pulling a fertilizer buggy with my L5740. I need 4shorts air ride seat.!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,412  
Yesterday I tore up my kitchen tile (along with gutting my whole kitchen) and brought the tractor up next to the house, raised the bucket up level with the window, and filled the bucket with demo'd tile. Then I'd go dump it in the "bagster" about 40' away and return for another load. All in all not much seat time but sure saved a lot of work.
It was nice to use the bucket again, it mostly just sits and rusts ever since I got the grapple a few years ago.

I am really surprized you didn't use your grapple to gut the kitchen :D:D

Sorry - couldn't help myself.
Plenty of work in a kitchen project - good luck and have fun. If you are like me you will be looking out the window alot.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,413  
My day started with a drive out to Middletown to get a load of Ag-lime. Then back to the field to spread it. My Pop actually got quite a bit more seat time than me using the IH584 to pull the spreader. I followed up with the JD5403 and disc. I gotta give a shout out to my F450 though. It walked the walk coming up I-66 and Route 17 back to Fredericksburg. I apologize to the folks who got caught behind me. Even with the tarp, I was leaving quite a dust trail. It was a little windy and I did have the hamma down! :D 6 tons and the fuel mileage was still in the double digits!

Hawk

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,414  
Got 7 inches of snow over night. My Expedition would go through that easily of course, but my wife's car would not. So I took a 1/2 hour and cleared a path down the driveway before heading for work. Then I got another hour in after work finishing up. The rims on my BX were full of snow when I got done, so I just ran the toe of my boot around the inside of each rim before I put it into the garage. The last one, left rear, started to hiss and squirt out my fluid. :mad: So I got it in the garage quick and jacked it up and spun the valve stem to the top. It felt really wobbly, so I'm sure the rubber just gave out. I didn't even feel it when I "kicked" it. Guess I'll be calling around tomorrow to see if anybody can salvage the fluid and put in a new stem.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,415  
Got 7 inches of snow over night. My Expedition would go through that easily of course, but my wife's car would not. So I took a 1/2 hour and cleared a path down the driveway before heading for work. Then I got another hour in after work finishing up. The rims on my BX were full of snow when I got done, so I just ran the toe of my boot around the inside of each rim before I put it into the garage. The last one, left rear, started to hiss and squirt out my fluid. :mad: So I got it in the garage quick and jacked it up and spun the valve stem to the top. It felt really wobbly, so I'm sure the rubber just gave out. I didn't even feel it when I "kicked" it. Guess I'll be calling around tomorrow to see if anybody can salvage the fluid and put in a new stem.

When I was a kid once I was kicking the snow out of the wheels on my dads tractor after he plowed and accidentally kicked the valve stem. Broke the thing half way off, let's just say I was not the favorite kid that day.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,416  
When I was a kid once I was kicking the snow out of the wheels on my dads tractor after he plowed and accidentally kicked the valve stem. Broke the thing half way off, let's just say I was not the favorite kid that day.

Somethimg about how you put that really made me chuckle.

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,417  
I used my air compressor to pump up the pressure (repeatedly) so that it would quirt the fluid out the valve stem. I tipped the tire over so that it would squirt into my oil pan. I captured about 10 gallons of the 11 in the tire. Then I took it to the tire shop and they put in a new valve stem and didn't even charge me for it. I've bought 5 sets of 4 tires there over the years, so I guess they want to keep customers happy. Then I took it home and reloaded the tire. BX tires are small enough that you can still handle them loaded, so I just let lay flat on the floor and let the fluid flow from the top of a ladder using my dehumidifier bucket. Lot's of burps later, it was ready to put back on. If I had a larger tire, I'd make sure to get the metal valve so there was a bigger hole to fill faster. 1/8" is TEDIOUS. But I'm back in business. :)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,418  
Did about an hour yesterday pushing back snow banks in advance of predicted 10"+ storm on Wednesday.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,419  
i pushed the 6" of slush off the driveway before it turned to frozen ruts over the next few days. then i got yelled at for getting a little dirt in the lawn............

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,420  
My neighbor recently sold his 60hp tractor (he is moving this summer and downsizing).

So Yesterday I got 20-30 min of mucking out his run-in shed back dragging with the bucket.

It was nice to be in the saddle again.

Be well,
David