TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,431  
Still winter here. I get jealous reading of the spring work some of you guys are doing.

Attachments

• NewSnow1.JPG
    NewSnow1.JPG
    685.9 KB · Views: 233
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,432  
Yesterday I used my B26 TLB to off load 12 railroad crossties from my truck, then placed 4 of them and staked them down in the preparation to build a raised bed garden spot on as 25x40 slope. It slopes 24" in 25 feet so hence the crossties to make a retainer wall at the bottom. Compared to the rest of the yard this spot looks almost level . Got to get back at it this morning as soon as I finish my coffee. Gonna be a nice day with the low temp last night of 38F.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,433  
I moved an old brush pile that was too close to trees to burn, to a new pile down the hill were it can be burned.
P3070027.JPGP3070028.JPGP3070029.JPGP3070030.JPGP3070031.JPGP3070032.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,434  
8 to 10 inches of heavy wet snow dropped last night and his morning. Weather man was way off with his forecast of 1 to 3 . Must be nice having a job that you can be wrong more often than right and still keep your job lol. Anyway, probably the last bit of seat time I'll get this year blowing snow. Question is do I take the chance and put the blower away for the season, or do I give it another week or so?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,435  
10 or so heavy wet inches of snow here today also. Got a couple hours of seat time blowing and scraping.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,436  
Yup, my area of CT also got around 9 or 10 inches. I waited until 4pm after work and it had compressed down to 5 or 6 inches with the warming today. About a 1/2 hr of plowing.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,437  
Plowed the driveway this morning (700') the 1-2" they called for turned to 9". No building going on today as all my jobs are in the rough frame stage so stayed home and plowed out the three houses at the end of the drive. Then filled the bucket twice with wood for the weekend. Miller time.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,438  
IMG_1199.jpgIMG_1196.JPGIMG_1195.JPGIMG_1193.JPGNice and sunny today with 68F temps. I got quite a bit of seat time as in all day with my B26 using the back hoe to dig out for leveling the cross ties base then used the thumb to lift and set the ties in an area about 25 wide by as deep as I want for a garden. I would have been in traction by now if having to try to lift those by hand. After I got the ties in and rebar staked, I got my LS in with the FEL to remove the topsoil in the pen because I have to bring in about 12" of lift to level the area then put back the 6" of top soil that I took out.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,439  
Cloudy but nice day here today. Didn't get the snow they got down south. 40 degrees and windy enough that all the snow came off the trees. Did some thinning. Pulled a little out and made a pile for my neighbor to cut and use for summer hot water wood in his outdoor boiler.

Attachments

• JunkPine.JPG
    JunkPine.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 210
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,440  
Got my tractor out today and picked up tree limbs, carried them to the burn pile. Then took the grandson for a ride at a very low speed.