TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,441  
Awwww. You guys are killing me. I can't play in the snow or the dirt. Was all ready for snow this year and we got zip. The ground is too soft to do anything and there's a 1.3 acre field that wants to be worked and planted with grass.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,443  
That looks like a real good way to move brush.

Thanks, it is a double A machine, Amazingly Awesome! :)

The 6' Monster Grapple opens 51 inches high, so it gets a big bite.
P8030008.JPG P8030009.JPG P8030011.JPG

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,444  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,445  
Wow.
How much weight will that lift comfortably? It looks like it's balanced really well with a load. is it?

It is rated at 1850 pounds fully extended straight out, 4400 pounds, boom retracted or extended to max height.
In other words, pick it up, raise it all the way, then extend to 17 feet.

With this load of brush I had the boom extended about 2 feet and going down the hill, the back end came of the ground, retracted the boom, got to the pile, where it was flatter, extended the boom, took the picture, then opened the grapple.

Here it is with the 6', 1 cubic yard bucket and the boom extended:

P9290011.JPG P4180005.JPG

More info here: V417 VersaHandler Telescopic Tool Carrier - Bobcat Company

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,446  
Xfax that thing looks pretty useful with that telescoping boom. thanks for the photos.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,447  
Just finished disking up about 5 acres of pasture following my brother in law who was broadcasting some oats mixed with red clover. I disked it with my tractor and pulled a drag behind it after he spread the seed with his New Holland T2310. He then came back with some fertilizer. He is now hooked on to the drag, cross dragging my disked area to cover the seed and fertilizer.
So far we had a good productive day. This morning I hauled about 20 FEL buckets of soil into my new garden spot to build up the lower end elevation, then spread the topsoil back on it. Later cleaned out the chicken pen and spread the manure on the garden. I also dressed out the area where I got my fill dirt to level it back up for drainage, dressed up all my ruts from those 20 round trips and put about 4 loads of dirt in a low spot next to my creek crossing that I had made a big mess of crossing back and forth thru a low spring feed area. Left it all looking better than before. Not bad for the first 6 hours of the day.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,448  
Xfax that thing looks pretty useful with that telescoping boom. thanks for the photos.

Yep, I sold my tractor, a MF240D 4WD when I bought my first Versahandler. :)

The best thing about it is, when you get stuck you can push, or pull yourself out, using the boom. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,449  
I tested out the limits of my tractor chain combination. the house wood pile was looking a little skimpy and the sap wasn't running very good as yet so I had time. I knew that there was a blown down double ash tree near the top of the hill near the skid road but a snow bank and about a thousand feet of snow packed steep uphill road was in between me and the tree. I gassed up the saw and bungy corded it to the ROPS behind my seat and headed up. The snow bank where the skid road met the drive I maintain took just a few buckets to punch a hole in it then pick the bucket up and just try to climb the hill. Pretty good progress at first but when I got near the top the snow was deep enough that the bottom plate of the draw bar hitch was dragging in the snow and then I began to chew down to the dirt (not frozen) and bog down. I had to back up and try again a couple of times but I made it up to the tree and turned around. Then I cut off one of the logs and pulled it down to the yard and worked it up with saw and wood splitter. Tomorrow morning the road I broke out will be frozen and I should be able to run right back up without difficulty and fetch out the other three logs. All in all it is very impressive, not a skidder or a bull dozer but very good at what it is.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,450  
I spent about 30 minutes scooping the snow that drifts along the back of the barn. It was warm today and didn't want the moisture right up against the building.