TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,451  
Spent about 4 hours fetching and then cutting about 6 face cords of Dead ash. It never ceases to amaze me how harder Dead Ash is than Oak green or seasoned. Use the loader to load the large logs directly on to the rack.

Testing out the improved cord wood cutting rack i Built. I'm going to have to invest in some Stihl RSF full chisel skip tooth chains. The Semi Chisels RMF work great on the massive dead oaks i'm used too cutting as they are generally hollow at least someplace a long the tree and full of crap that would dull a full chisel chain in one cut.

The MS660 is thirsty it drank a tank of fuel in 3 racks or about 15-16 minutes of cutting approximately 1 full cord.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,452  
It wasn't today but this week I played in the snow.

I tried the BX out. It is impressive for it's size. I was pushing 12'' of snow 80' without the blade angled just to see what it could do. I could have gone farther. Here is a picture of the pile I made.

20130306_150912_zpsce3d0487.jpg

20130306_150932_zps49e54628.jpg

I then took the L4240 and moved the BX's pile. (excuse the finger in a couple of them:laughing:)

20130306_155311_zps1a6706b3.jpg

a6d423b0-a997-4cad-b3eb-cdab06f4b291_zps6026996e.jpg

20130306_155159_zps954d2d58.jpg

Here is a short crappy video of me pushing it. It was hard to film, drive, and work the loader. (click to play)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,453  

Here is a short crappy video of me pushing it. It was hard to film, drive, and work the loader. (click to play)

That is the first tractor that I have heard, that sounds like a vacuum cleaner!! :laughing:

Did the deed though. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,454  
xring 100 your rack seems to work pretty good with that long bar. Dead ash is hard. You should try some dead hop hornbeam (iron wood) :eek: Is that ash a result of EAB ? If it is and you are in a quarintined area how far can you deliver the firewood ?
I notice you always work in face cords and wonder why - that must be a locally accepted thing. Around here if a firewood guy mentioned face cord he would be out of business real quick. Around here face cord is a term deemed to be a meaningless measurement used to dupe people. That is just a situation I find interesting. People here order a cord of cut and split wood and they may want it cut anywhere between 12" and 30" so dealing in face cords gets real complicated..

94Bullit - that does sound like a vac. Pretty strong little guy though. No end to the things we learn on here

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,455  

I tried the BX out. It is impressive for it's size. I was pushing 12'' of snow 80' without the blade angled just to see what it could do. I could have gone farther. Here is a picture of the pile I made.

Nice Roger. I'm surprised you even got the BX out to move snow you have a Cab on the L. Its actually surprising how much snow a little tractor can move. I was always surprised how much snow my parents 18hp Ingersol garden tractor could push with a front blade

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,456  
xring 100 your rack seems to work pretty good with that long bar. Dead ash is hard. You should try some dead hop hornbeam (iron wood) :eek: Is that ash a result of EAB ? If it is and you are in a quarintined area how far can you deliver the firewood ?
I notice you always work in face cords and wonder why - that must be a locally accepted thing. Around here if a firewood guy mentioned face cord he would be out of business real quick. Around here face cord is a term deemed to be a meaningless measurement used to dupe people. That is just a situation I find interesting. People here order a cord of cut and split wood and they may want it cut anywhere between 12" and 30" so dealing in face cords gets real complicated..

94Bullit - that does sound like a vac. Pretty strong little guy though. No end to the things we learn on here
We don't have much iron wood around here the ones i've seen are pretty small. Yes i think the EAB wipped out all the ash in the southern peninsula.
The quarantine zone is the entire lower peninsula http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mda/mda_EAB_Firewood_Fact_Sheet_181108_7.pdf
I sell it as a 1/3 of a cord or face cord cut to 16" in length. Here in south eastern Michigan it seems like everyone sells face cords cut to 16" I drive by about 10 people in the area that have a face cord rack with a forsale sign in front of their house. With all the dead ash firewood is usually $50-55 a FC although 15 miles south east of me closer to the city its routinely sold for $75 a fc your pickup. I have a trailer but rarely use it for moving wood as almost all of our customers purchase wood on demand even though i try to save them $40 on delivery if they order a full cord.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,457  
Nice Roger. I'm surprised you even got the BX out to move snow you have a Cab on the L. Its actually surprising how much snow a little tractor can move. I was always surprised how much snow my parents 18hp Ingersol garden tractor could push with a front blade

Thanks. I did not open the whole driveway with it the BX. This was the deepest snow we had a since I got it. I wish it had a front blade it would do realy well. It got up close to 40* after it stopped snowing so it was not bad on the BX. I had run the ac a little on the 4240.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,458  
That is the first tractor that I have heard, that sounds like a vacuum cleaner!! :laughing:

Did the deed though. :thumbsup:

I guess it was the tablet i used to film making it sound like that.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,459  
Got the tractor out and did a quick wash on it. It's been covered in mud for the last couple weeks.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,460  
Relaxing today. All I did was bring a bell buoy down to the house to show my wife how it is coming along. It has been a lot of sanding to get a shine on it. It washed up on the shore about a 1/2 mile from my home. It was painted grey and dented up pretty bad. It is solid brass and weighs over 200 lbs. I will be mounting it on logs to match some swings I put up for the grandchildren. I have a lake on my property and spend lots of time maintaining throughout the summer. Good stress reliever.

Bell.jpgBell3.jpg
Log swings.jpgRoad to lake.jpg