TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,531  
man - what a waste.

We just spend 3 days reclaiming a TON of old growth chestnut and cedar out of a very very very old barn.

My seat time Monday was short lived... looks like I sheared the splines on the drive shaft. Seat time today was over 8 hours trailer'ing the unit to a dealer who knew what they were doing and then getting my happy butt home. Long story short - I will update when I have something to update. It was one helluva day. (Joystick assembly for FEL broke off while loading the tractor onto the trailer...)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,533  
It was a really nice day Sunday. Dry enough to clean up a landing in the morning which involved moving a lot of brush and cut offs back into the woods for critter habitat. In the afternoon I serviced the tractor and listened to the ball game.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,534  
Used my Dirt Master backhoe to move water lilies from one pond to another. I reversed the bucket to make it point forwards. My wife moved the lilies through the water and into the bucket.
cleanup2.jpg
cleanup1.jpgcleanup3.jpgcleanup4.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,535  
Used my Dirt Master backhoe to move water lilies from one pond to another. I reversed the bucket to make it point forwards. My wife moved the lilies through the water and into the bucket.

Very clever, first time I have seen that done.

What is the drought status up there? We are finally getting rain here and everything is green.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,536  
Not much tractor time lately: Got elected (aka "suckered in" ) by our crew to pick up/play chauffeur to a load of cattle for the return journey to our "home" farm today.

Nothing quite like (after a few hundred kms) when it's cold & dark, the pleasure of working in the rain:
- unloading tired, cold & cranky cattle into muddy yards
- cleaning out the cattle "residue" from the truck crates
- then looking forward to an early start so I can do it all again...

After a few long days working away on another of our farms I reckon sleeping in my own bed tonight is real bonus.....:yawn:

Attachments

• TBN01053013.JPG
    TBN01053013.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 204
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,537  
Very clever, first time I have seen that done.

What is the drought status up there? We are finally getting rain here and everything is green.

Moving plants was one of the things I had in mind. It was a backache 20 years ago.
Drought is still bad. That and the late freezes are causing havoc.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,538  
Planned on mowing, but the yard is still too soft for the tractor. So I decided to spray weeds in the drive. Break time right now but I will be back at it here before too long. Wife wants bug spray sprayed around the house also.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,539  
Was 89 yesterday and today it is 40 and falling. Wind is about 30mph. Looks like it will freeze by midnight. Would be great in January. No seat time for me.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,540  
I fixed my JD LX266 lawn tractor and returned it to my wife and kids so they can mow (we are on a theraputic supposedly temporary separation).

I got a few minutes seat time in mowing the steepest parts before they got home.

My 4 year old wanted me to fire up the tractor and take her for a ride, but that was not in the cards...

Be well all,
David