TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,542  
I spent 13 hours in my Expedition, traveled 775 miles from my home to Nashville, TN on Monday to move my son home from college. Got him moved out Tuesday, then spent another 13 hours traveling home Wednesday. It was over 80 degrees the entire trip from Nashville up into Iowa, topping out at 86 in St. Louis. In the span of about 45 miles, we hit the cold front and it dropped by almost 30 degrees. It was in mid 30's when we got home last night. Today, I've gotten about 5 1/2 hours of seat time in scooping the 12 inches of snow we got over night. It has not stopped snowing all day, but it is melting from below now, so it is still a foot. I've done my driveway and 3 others. This stuff is so heavy the snow blowers I've seen out barely throw it 2 feet. The snow plow could barely move the piles I gathered with my little BX.
My wife had dinner on the deck on Monday using the near table.
May2Snow1.JPGMay2Snow2.JPGMay2Snow3.JPGMay2Snow4.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,543  
I spent 13 hours in my Expedition, traveled 775 miles from my home to Nashville, TN on Monday to move my son home from college. Got him moved out Tuesday, then spent another 13 hours traveling home Wednesday. It was over 80 degrees the entire trip from Nashville up into Iowa, topping out at 86 in St. Louis. In the span of about 45 miles, we hit the cold front and it dropped by almost 30 degrees. It was in mid 30's when we got home last night. Today, I've gotten about 5 1/2 hours of seat time in scooping the 12 inches of snow we got over night. It has not stopped snowing all day, but it is melting from below now, so it is still a foot. I've done my driveway and 3 others. This stuff is so heavy the snow blowers I've seen out barely throw it 2 feet. The snow plow could barely move the piles I gathered with my little BX.
My wife had dinner on the deck on Monday using the near table.
View attachment 315932View attachment 315933View attachment 315934View attachment 315935
That's crazy! At least you have your Kubota to help clean that mess up!!!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,544  
RaydaKub, what does that do to your fruit trees and berry bushes. Can they stand that much heavy snow now ? In any case it does not sound like fun seat time.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,545  
RaydaKub, what does that do to your fruit trees and berry bushes. Can they stand that much heavy snow now ? In any case it does not sound like fun seat time.

The grass had just started to turn green last week. There are a few flowers poking up a couple inches, but no blooms yet. I haven't gone down to look at my apple trees, but there are no leaves on any other trees yet, so I don't think this is going to hurt anything that way, other than breaking branches off of course, and there is certainly some of that going on around here.

Looks like another 2" over night, but it has still been melting underneath, so it still hasn't gone over a foot. And it is still snowing lightly. I think my driveway is still clear though because it all melted off. I was pretty wet by the time I got done. Still was fun. Isn't seat time always fun? :D OK, maybe I could have used a little less fun, but....

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,546  
Sorry for your bad day. Agreed on the wood. Do you see the problems as faults with the engineering?
OH YEAH - even TYM saw it as an engineering issue as they have redesigned the drive shaft (twice I believe).

Some where around the 200 hr mark, the original shaft is at risk of failing and if it does what mine did, you could be looking at replacing some very expensive parts. I have a couple of threads about it so by all means, check it out there so we don't bog down this thread with non-seat time posts.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,547  
Got to spent a few hours bush hogging the back yard today. Cleared back about 20 feet from the grass line . Came out good I think.

Attachments

• image-449232078.jpg
    image-449232078.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 196
  • image-43159960.jpg
    image-43159960.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 196
  • image-1983649546.jpg
    image-1983649546.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 199
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,549  
Well after so much work ahead i been getting seat time in my new toy. I have agree that Deere makes one darn fine cab. It is absolutely so nice

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130507_230756.png
    ForumRunner_20130507_230756.png
    700.6 KB · Views: 237
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,550  
The rain held off and I was able to bushhog about 20 acres on Saturday. Mom and Pop came out to help, but we weren't the only ones in the field that day:shocked:

On the Farm 001 (1024x678).jpgOn the Farm 009 (1024x678).jpgOn the Farm 011 (1024x678).jpgOn the Farm 013 (1024x678).jpgOn the Farm 014 (1024x678).jpgOn the Farm 021 (1024x678).jpg