TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,573  
Careful what you look up on that website!

Yep, you got that right! :laughing:

Bad thing is, I have to look up some of the words in their definition! :D

Sad thing is, sure makes you wonder about the younger generation. :(

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,574  
Took advantage of today's soaking rain in New Hampshire to get some spring mud cleaned off!!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,575  
Installed a vault for a grave. Soil is like beach sand so a 4 foot wide hole ended up over 6 feet wide with all the cave ins. The Cat emblem is the seat back on my mini- excavator. The wood cribbing is what the vault guy knew it would take to spread the weight far enough away so the sides didn't cave in during the burial. Sad occasion but job accomplished.

Attachments

• image-1213487706.jpg
    image-1213487706.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 225
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,576  
I spent about 5 minutes adding and adjusting the new saw-tooth cam I bought to complete the cruise control on my BX. The design is for 2 identical cams to be engaged and then it will hold the HST pedal at that position. Mine only had 1. After I added it, I used my broadcast fertilizer spreader to dump out some lime and grass seed where the dogs pee. Hopefully can get some grass started there again. But the cruise was really nice because my spreader was designed for a small lawn tractor, so reaching the control is really hard, plus this gypsum powder cakes really easily, so I had to use a hoe to keep mixing it so it would fall through. The cruise allowed me to sit side-saddle and man the hoe.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,577  
No meaningful seat time today. I took the time to change my engine oil/filter, HST filter & hydraulic oil filters changed, new SUDT2 & front axle fluid replaced with 80/90 gear oil! I still have to grease my FEL & BH tomorrow but them I'm ready to do some serious battle with dirt, rocks & trees when it finally stops raining!

I'm feeling very accomplished & enjoying a well deserved beer!! This was the 1st time I've ever serviced my tractor as I just got it in October & I'm feeling like a rock star!!!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,579  
Had another sad hour in the seat today. Had to dig a grave and move one of the wife's beloved goats. An 11 y/o doe, weighing in close to 140lbs passed yesterday. The L45 handled the grave digging and body movement in stride.

Time to pull the hoe and slap on the brush hog this weekend. My property looks like a hay field and the ticks are out of control.

ac

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,580  
3poles.jpg
Finished up a job yesterday for a neighbor, clearing a 90' x 50' jumble of bittersweet and grape vines; black raspberry and trees; old tree trunks, telephone pole sections and railroad ties...

I had many hours into the project, and finished the surface with a Ratchet Rake bought the day before. I found one in leftover stock 65 miles away in Walpole NH, since they are backordered about 7-8 weeks right now. Loved the Ratchet Rake. It grubbed out the remaining roots and rocks that my Piranha Toothbar didn't grab earlier.

Here's a shot of three telephone pole sections buried in the brush, being carried to their dump site.

Paul, in Beautiful Downtown Shutesbury, MA
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shutesbury-Elbow-Grease/144767108993157?ref=hl