TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,651  
Here is some firewood. We worked it up in 3 evenings. The truck has a 12' bed.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,652  
Good looking load of firewood. If I get caught up here soon that's what I need to work on also.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,653  
Good looking load of firewood. If I get caught up here soon that's what I need to work on also.

Thanks. I have 3 more to work up. I will start on them Monday.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,654  

Thanks. I have 3 more trees to work up. I will start on them Monday.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,655  
The man just brush hogged the day before so I assumed he wanted to keep them. However, I think the tiller is a brute but I would be hesitant to mulch up a bush. Something I could look into.
I'm sure he did and would have been upset if the bush had been tilled under. Isolated bushes/trees in food plot type areas tend to serve as an attraction point for deer to create rubs and/or scrapes.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,656  
took the 7040 over to my brothers so he could spread a load of dirt.an showed him how to drive an use it.an all of that put 2hrs on the tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,657  
Today... dug hole and buried neighbor's dog then filled in the hole.

Kinda a bummer. Actually

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,658  
Let's see... contracted to redo a long driveway (actually 2 driveways that are connected). Spend just under 20 hours of tractor time on the job spanning 3 days. Underbid the job but knew I was doing it so I could get some good word of mouth going. While on-site, also did a couple of simple side jobs for 2 of my client's neighbors. I should have taken some before pics but I forgot. The driveways are now graded WITH the land and towards the ditches where before it was actually graded HEAVILY away from them which is why the run off was digging DEEP trenches into the drive and dumping all the material onto the street.

All in all, three tandem loads of 3/4" crusher run gravel and it's not enough. I spread it as thin as I could and I warned him about it but he doesn't have the cashola for another load so I did the best I could.

There was a TON of broken block and larger rocks under the surface. Here are some pics... during and after. Job is as done as it's going to be until he gets more gravel.

Now if anybody has any thoughts on how they would have done this job, let me know. Always good to get a different view.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,659  
Got an 'emergency' call from a neighbor this morning... that being a delivery of 10 yards of gravel dumped on his driveway, that he thought he would rake out by hand. Quit after doing a 10' x 10' square in front of his garage. I did the rest with the york rake and FEL. Gave him the half-price neighbor special.

Just got home, and another neighbor found that three husky guys couldn't move some large flat granite stones from his 'for sale' house into his truck. Drove over and loaded them onto my trailer, then delivered them to the new house. 7' x 2' x 5"... about 4-500# each? Next week we're going to plant them upright at his driveway entrance. I think he worked at Stonehenge in an earlier life, as he has a bunch of these pillar rocks and flat stones planted vertically around his property. :)