TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,681  
There is nothing better than getting to work with your dad. Enjoy it. Are you going to have the logs cut into lumber?

Yes, I'm going to mill them on my Wood Mizer LT15. I'll mill 6 10"X12"X14' timbers to be used as posts for a future tractor shed project, then I'll make whatever 2x and 1x lumber I can get from the rest.

i-zqBPtdZ-XL.jpg

i-7WHbS2F-XL.jpg

i-3FbbfQc-XL.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,682  
Very nice rig. My cousin has a Wood Mizer. Not sure of the model, but it looks like yours. When my mom had to have a big oak taken out that was leaning over her house, we cut the straight stuff. Made some pretty boards. It is a lot easier to work than the old ones we used to hire when I was a kid. Those would work you to death.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,683  

Attachments

• DSCF1242 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF1242 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCF1486 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF1486 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF1490 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF1490 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    394.4 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF1491 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF1491 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    459.7 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCF1455 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF1455 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF1605 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF1605 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF1608 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF1608 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    390.7 KB · Views: 180
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,684  
Brush hogged a few acres with the Ford and cleaned up some field edges that were overgrown. The neighbor also called and had a flat on one of his loaded hay wagons so i took the Kubota over and used the loader to pick up the rear corner to change the tire. After that I helped him pull a couple of the wagons back to his barn. Not sure how much a loaded hay wagon weighs but it made the Kubota grunt pretty good going up one of the steep hills on the road to his place.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,685  
Took the day off Friday to cut our property on the river. The water had gotten up on the property in the spring and didn't recede until mid-June for the last time. Since that time, some areas had grown to be 10'-12' tall and so thick you had to have a tractor or a truck to push through it. It was some VERY THICK stuff in certain areas. These 2 pix show one of the lighter areas before cutting and then afterwards. Wish I had taken some pictures of some of the tallest stuff but we were focused on getting the road cleared of growth and debris and also getting 5 food plots hogged. It was crazy how much those areas grew in a couple of months!!

Attachments

• After cutting.jpg
    After cutting.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Before cutting.jpg
    Before cutting.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 216
  • Tractor on South Road - close.jpg
    Tractor on South Road - close.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 221
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,686  
While trimming the hedges this afternoon, I took the opportunity to cut off small mapple branches interfering with the telephone line.

Attachments

• DSCF4588 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF4588 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF4589 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF4589 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCF4591 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    DSCF4591 [Résolution de l'écran].JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 187
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,689  
decided to try n mow my slopes last night, new to farmin' n mowin' so i was a lil weary of this task... tractor felt more stable than i woulda guessed. guess seat time helps to get useds to what you can and can't do...
IMAG0645.jpgIMAG0646.jpgIMAG0649.jpgIMAG0650.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,690  
Love that view. My 'hill' is about twenty feet over a quarter mile. With a scene like that, mowing would be a pleasure.