TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,731  
There were 4 trees there in a group so it had a very large shady area. Now only one sweet gum remains and it doesn't show much shade. That one old tree had at least a 50 foot diameter shade. We have one more very large oak that is in danger since it is constantly dropping dead limbs. I guess that is just natures way of trimming but it is dangerous to be under it as you don't know when it may drop another big limb out of the canopy.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,732  
Actually it's a B26 TLB which is about the same size wise as the B 2620 but with backhoe it weighs in at 4001# and of course lifting specs are much higher also. It does about as well as my brother in laws 40 HP NH in the pushing and pulling category.

Don't talk like that Gary, you are giving me tractor fever. LOL

My NH TC40 is getting tired. It's had 10 years of fairly hard use and the loader and backhoe both show it. I just welded up a crack in the hoe subframe today. I'm sure the digging and transporting rocks and stumps with it has found the weakest spot and that is where it developed a crack from fatigue.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,733  
Heck a few welded up cracks are like wrinkles, it just adds character. Cracks in steel can be dealt with like a facelift if you don't need the extra character, just bevel them so you get full penetration and then grind flush and paint, no more visible repair.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,734  
Heck a few welded up cracks are like wrinkles, it just adds character. Cracks in steel can be dealt with like a facelift if you don't need the extra character, just bevel them so you get full penetration and then grind flush and paint, no more visible repair.

I must have plenty of character, but somebody forgot to pretty it up. :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,735  
Like me, I lost most of my hair on top but I am finding it again>on and in my ears , neck, and shoulders (if I didn't keep it trimmed I would look like that John Candy character in the movie Space Balls).

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,736  
Like me, I lost most of my hair on top but I am finding it again>on and in my ears , neck, and shoulders (if I didn't keep it trimmed I would look like that John Candy character in the movie Space Balls).

Getting old ain't for sissies, that's what the really old people say anyways. :p

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,737  
Dave1949 - you got that right (about getting old); but, "farmin' keeps ya' young", right?

Anyway - mowed some weeds today with my JD 1026R and the "drive over" mower. All was fine until I caught about 100' of fence wire - that put an end to mowing, real quick. Now I gotta pull a blade and cut out all the wire :)

For the curious - I'm also a Ham Radio (N7QNM) and have a 50' vertical tower in the "back 40" with 64 100' radials (fence wire) all around. Put 'em down last year, staked every 5' or so. So far, after about 6 mowings, I've lost about 6 radials to the mower. Lost 4 the first go, this was the first one in a couple. It actually rides over the top pretty good, but, once in a while, if I hit a dip just right, a blade will catch dirt (or a wire :mad:).

BTW - if anyone's in the market for an SCUT with a mid-deck mower; RUN AWAY from the JD "drive over". The commercials are full of "stuff". The thing is a HUGE pain. Mine went back to the dealer for "Engineering Mods" three times before it would behave. There are only three reasons I'm still using it: Our lawn is too big for a push mower, I can't afford a "real" riding mower (in addition to my SCUT), yet, and I also can't afford a real "bushwacker" for the weeds on the rest of our 5 acres.

Anyway, as soon as I can afford a riding mower and a 3-point bushwacker, the mid-deck is gonna get trashed. It works well enough once it's installed. Today I was wacking through weeds taller the tractor; but, getting it hooked up or disconnected, even AFTER all of the fixes, is a REAL pain. The problem is that the tolerances are REALLY tight and the "docking" components are still mostly cheap "pot metal" rather than steel - so, they break or bend and then nothing works (until, you bend stuff back into alignment).

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,738  
I sharpened the blades on my 6' RFM and mowed the front yard with the 3930. 6 1/2 acres in 3 hours 45 minutes. Then after supper I used the Husqvarna to mow the dog yard. Mocha loves it when I mow her yard. It is the only time she gets free run of the place. But after a quick trip around to smell of everything, she is right back in the yard to see what I'm doing. Judging by how rank the weeds and grass are in the dog yard, that is where I should put my garden next year.

006.jpg013.jpg029.jpg035.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,739  
Using the machine pictured in my avitar. :D

13 tons of crusher run.
P8290001.JPG P8290002.JPG P8290005.JPG

Moving some gravel, first pass, with the 4' box blade.
P8290006.JPG P8290010.JPG P8290011.JPG

Second and third pass.
P8290015.JPG P8290018.JPG

Got it where it needs to be. :thumbsup:
P8290022.JPG P8290023.JPG P8290026.JPG

Have a lot left for other places that need it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,740  
Xfax
Don't take this the wrong way but I must admit That thing makes me giggle every time i see your ingenuity at work. Your methods are unique but seem to work well. I also like seeing your tellehandler in action also.