TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,741  
I GOT SOME SEAT TIME!!!!!

First time in over 5 months!!!!

I moved around the dirty bales of hay that I formerly used as the base layer for my horse hay storage to make some room for getting my attachments under cover.

Well, I fired up the tractor (good Lord it was filthy) and dropped the stump grinder in one corner on a pallet, I piled the bucket, tooth bar, and ratchet rake outside the door. I went back up and hooked up the grapple again, and then the BushHog.

I also hosed the cutter and tractor off because they were seriously filthy.

My improvised PHD stand blew over a few months ago and dumped the PHD into a pile. It is the only thing still laying about outside needlessly (I've not figured out a place to put the bucket, tooth bar, and Ratchet Rake inside yet...)

Regardless I got in at least an hour of ACTUAL SEAT TIME, and I loved every dirty second of it...

More next weekend! WOO HOO!

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,742  
Xfax
Don't take this the wrong way but I must admit That thing makes me giggle every time i see your ingenuity at work. Your methods are unique but seem to work well. I also like seeing your tellehandler in action also.

Thanks, I understand, it is pretty funny looking. :D Hang on for more, going to put the brush fork on the TORO tomorrow. :thumbsup:
P8110011.JPG P8110013.JPG P8110016.JPG

Yep, the V417 is the best "tractor" that I have ever had!:laughing:
P9290019.JPG P9290024.JPG P3180020.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,743  
BTW - if anyone's in the market for an SCUT with a mid-deck mower; RUN AWAY from the JD "drive over". The commercials are full of "stuff". The thing is a HUGE pain. Mine went back to the dealer for "Engineering Mods" three times before it would behave. There are only three reasons I'm still using it: Our lawn is too big for a push mower, I can't afford a "real" riding mower (in addition to my SCUT), yet, and I also can't afford a real "bushwacker" for the weeds on the rest of our 5 acres.

Anyway, as soon as I can afford a riding mower and a 3-point bushwacker, the mid-deck is gonna get trashed. It works well enough once it's installed. Today I was wacking through weeds taller the tractor; but, getting it hooked up or disconnected, even AFTER all of the fixes, is a REAL pain. The problem is that the tolerances are REALLY tight and the "docking" components are still mostly cheap "pot metal" rather than steel - so, they break or bend and then nothing works (until, you bend stuff back into alignment).

clayj -- I've had my BX25 with MMM for a couple years now. I'd say the first summer I was disappointed that I didn't buy the drive over instead. The commercial does make the JD driver over look desirable and if you don't have experience and if your dealer doesn't show you the correct way to mount the MMM on the Kubota SCUTs, you will fight it until you figure out exactly how to mount it. Now it takes me more time to roll it under the tractor then it takes to hook it up. Until your post I still thought it was as simple as the commercial but thinking of what you said about the tolerances I can certainly understand how it may be a problem.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,744  
Did my traditional Labor Day fall mowing under the old wild apple trees we have spread around our woods. We have a coulple dozen of them and I can get to about half with the mower. It is a little cumbersom using the sicklebar in small places but it is able to reach under pretty good. We have a ton of apples this year.

Attachments

• MowAppleTrees2.JPG
    MowAppleTrees2.JPG
    920.3 KB · Views: 211
  • MowAppleTrees1.JPG
    MowAppleTrees1.JPG
    860.1 KB · Views: 189
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,745  
Moving a round pen, using the Gorilla Grapple on the V417
P9010002.JPG P9010004.JPG P9010006.JPG P9010008.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,746  
I GOT SOME SEAT TIME!!!!!

First time in over 5 months!!!!

I moved around the dirty bales of hay that I formerly used as the base layer for my horse hay storage to make some room for getting my attachments under cover.

Well, I fired up the tractor (good Lord it was filthy) and dropped the stump grinder in one corner on a pallet, I piled the bucket, tooth bar, and ratchet rake outside the door. I went back up and hooked up the grapple again, and then the BushHog.

I also hosed the cutter and tractor off because they were seriously filthy.

My improvised PHD stand blew over a few months ago and dumped the PHD into a pile. It is the only thing still laying about outside needlessly (I've not figured out a place to put the bucket, tooth bar, and Ratchet Rake inside yet...)

Regardless I got in at least an hour of ACTUAL SEAT TIME, and I loved every dirty second of it...

More next weekend! WOO HOO!

Be well,
David

Good for you! Take it where, and when, you can get it!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,747  
Today I did some pasture mowing at my in-laws. The local residents came out to inspect the big noisy orange thing that was invading their field.

Attachments

• image-2287173680.jpg
    image-2287173680.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 217
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,748  
I used the B7500 to bush hog last year's food plots. I mowed more briars on both sides this year. Last year the briars were so tall I wouldn't see the deer until they stepped into the food plot. Now I will be able to see them coming. Also cut some brush under one of our big oaks that had grown up with yaupon. Down here if you sit still for an hour, the yaupon will be growing between your toes.

007.jpg011.jpg013.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,749  
Turned over some summer food plots today. Nice to get out and check some game cameras.

Attachments

• image-3338236229.jpg
    image-3338236229.jpg
    533.6 KB · Views: 178
  • image-3822531918.jpg
    image-3822531918.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 175