TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,761  
Thanks David. I daily drove it for a year after the engine swap, and I think I was getting around 16MPG. My Cobalt gets twice that and what I saved in gas made the payments on it... so basicly a car for free. LOL

I've got a silly amount of cash into it, and I'd only get a fraction back if I were to sell it... so seeing as how I don't offroad anymore I just decided to use it as much as I could as a utility vehicle. It plows the driveway, hauls the trailer with whatever in it, and the winch is handy for logging and so on. I plan to use it to grade the trail and driveway once the trail's done. Not sure what that'll look like, but I'm sure TBN will be of help there.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,762  
Thanks David. I daily drove it for a year after the engine swap, and I think I was getting around 16MPG. My Cobalt gets twice that and what I saved in gas made the payments on it... so basicly a car for free. LOL

I've got a silly amount of cash into it, and I'd only get a fraction back if I were to sell it... so seeing as how I don't offroad anymore I just decided to use it as much as I could as a utility vehicle. It plows the driveway, hauls the trailer with whatever in it, and the winch is handy for logging and so on. I plan to use it to grade the trail and driveway once the trail's done. Not sure what that'll look like, but I'm sure TBN will be of help there.

Sweet looking Jeep. It is set up very well for rock crawling. I have been working on a YJ jeep to nothing to that level.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,763  
Thanks guys! I was a little worried posting in this section without a tractor may not be well recieved. I'll continue to post the more day to day stuff here if there are no objections.

Here's my favorite picture to date;

She's a 2003 TJ Rubicon, 6.0 Chevy out of a 2005 2500 Silverado, 4L65E out of a 2001 Suburban, D60 front out of an 86 F350 with an ARB locker, 35 spline outters with Warn Premium hubs, corp. 14 bolt rear out of a 5 ton chevy box truck with a Detroit locker, 4.56 gears, shaved, 40" Krawlers with my own custom grooving, 6" rear axle stretch, home made comp cut and tube fenders. Quick disconect rear fenders and mud flaps. Street legal.

Trailer's registered as an 86 Algo. 14 bolt axle with center section removed, 3500lb springs, 38" military surplus Michelins, 2X3X1/8" main frame, LED tailights, 5,000lb highlift jack, removable pintle ring, 2 way tailgate, quick disconect fenders and mud flaps. Street legal

Here's how she started, when I used to wheel it;
Glenz '03 Jeep rubicon - YouTube

You can always check out my trailer and trail builds in my signature, and my youtube channel;
wannabejeeper - YouTube

JEALOUS ! Enough said ~ I own 2 Jeeps & have always owned Jeeps but regrettably not like yours...Very Nice ! :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,764  
I found a used root rake for my dozer about 100 miles away from home. It was in a pile destined for scrap. All the way home I wondered if my FEL would be able to pick it up. It was right at the limit with the chains over the edge of the bucket but I wanted to keep the rake as far forward as I could so I could lay it down. After I got it stood up I coud just barely get it off the ground with the lift control but I could curl it up without any trouble.

Attachments

• RootRake2.JPG
    RootRake2.JPG
    771.6 KB · Views: 209
  • RootRake1.JPG
    RootRake1.JPG
    703.3 KB · Views: 218
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,765  
I found a used root rake for my dozer about 100 miles away from home. It was in a pile destined for scrap. All the way home I wondered if my FEL would be able to pick it up. It was right at the limit with the chains over the edge of the bucket but I wanted to keep the rake as far forward as I could so I could lay it down. After I got it stood up I coud just barely get it off the ground with the lift control but I could curl it up without any trouble.

Nice find!!

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,766  
looks like a load to lift for your tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,767  

I just did the same thing (similar) My F150 was getting 16mpg and I bought a used 2012 Ford Focus and on my commute from H3LL I'm consistently getting well over twice that... Heck my average for the last 5000 miles is like 34.5 or more. (I got 40 round trip to OBX).

The payment is much smaller than I was paying for gas...

In fact the mileage (and AC) is so good, it has seriously cut into my Harley riding...

That is a sweet Jeep... I'd love to have one like that.

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,768  

Looks like it's pretty heavy duty!