Page 280 of 383 FirstFirst ... 180230270277278279280281282283290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3824
    Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Quote Originally Posted by NS Gearhead View Post
    You guys got me jealous of all the bushhogging, so here's my version... LOL This trail conects mine to existing trails behind my property. It's about 800' long and 8' wide. I cut it two years ago with a three point blade on my Kombi

after
    Looks better than brushhogged!
    Hold "Ctrl" and click on picture to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) V417 Versahander

Tractor
    Sportsman 570

Thanks! I pretty much drag the bottom along the ground and it mulches everything up good. Took me about 1.5hrs over two days after work. Not bad for once a year. I could have done it earlyer and again now... but I've been so busy I was barely down there at all this year. I plan to start hauling gravel through so it's no longer out of sight out of mind.

Tractor
    3930 Ford B1750 & B7500 Kubota

Good looking job Gearhead. I did some tree trimming with a handsaw yesterday. I like to go quiet once in a while. I opened up a couple of lanes in the woods near my shooting house, then cleared some brush under this oak. Would have done more if the rain hadn't chased me back to the truck.

-036-jpg

I also got a little seat time. I tilled up the feed plots I mowed the other day. Also the trail coming in. That is what led to cutting brush under the oak. The trail was almost blocked there.

-009-jpg-006-jpg-019-jpg-026-jpg

Tractor
    Sportsman 570

Quote Originally Posted by Larro Darro View Post
    Good looking job Gearhead.
    Thanks, same to you! Are the pines planted with harvesting them in the future in mind? My old man has 80 acres of yellow birch he's been thining out and trimming with big dreams of selling them for plywood vineer for a fortune some day.

Tractor

Yes on harvesting the longleafs. We have 28 acres of them, 18 of that behind the house. They were planted in Jan 2000 and are on a federal conservation program until Oct of 2014. We get paid a few dollars a year to take the land out of row crops, but we can't do anything with them until they are off the program. I have already contracted to sell the pine straw next Nov. I also have about 20 acres of slash pine. They are a few years older than the longleaf, and we thinned them a couple of years ago. We sold the pine straw off of them until we had them thinned.

You have to wait a little longer on longleaf, but it will bring more in the long run. It makes good saw logs, but if you have time to wait, it will bring even more as poles. When deciding what to do, you have to figure how much interest you would be making on the money if you sold early. Or, like me, how old you are. I'm 52 and want to sell them in time to spend the money before I die.

I know very little about northern timber, but here is a good forum for that sort of thing. http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php. Most of the folks on it are from up your way.

Tractor

Yesterday I forgot to mention an important new piece of equipment I used for the first time. Well, the first time on the tractor. The other day I bought a pair of Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones at the thrift store for a dollar. With the smaller tractor, they work fine. The music was louder than with the sports earbuds I had been using. I started out with my big billed cap with the floppy ears over the headphones, but it did push them down a little, letting more tractor noise in. Since I was working in the woods, going without the cap wasn't a problem. I will have to see how they do with the bigger tractor mowing. I will have to have my cap out in the sun, though.

Tractor
    New Holland Workmaster 55

Took the day off to celebrate my bday. Decided to celebrate by cleaning up the broken up silo that was left in my creek by the previous owner. I like to think it was their idea of a "land-warming" present (along with the loose wire everywhere, random boards, etc.). I believe I may have put too much in the dump truck. The dump would only raise a couple of feet. After performing some non-OSHA compliant feats of strength, I was finally able to get it to raise all the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-827478864-jpg   -image-3117937419-jpg   -image-3234102192-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Took the grill and battery off my BX and washed out the radiator fins. The last 2 mowings the temp was approaching the red line. Late this afternoon I mowed some and the temp gauge barely gets into normal range.

After that I put the fel back on and tookmy wife down to pick apples. This is by far the best crop we've ever seen in the 11 years we have lived here. This load will make a great start (and maybe finish) on the frozen apple sauce this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -forumrunner_20130914_162515-png  

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Quote Originally Posted by RaydaKub View Post
    Took the grill and battery off my BX and washed out the radiator fins. The last 2 mowings the temp was approaching the red line. Late this afternoon I mowed some and the temp gauge barely gets into normal range.

After that I put the fel back on and tookmy wife down to pick apples. This is by far the best crop we've ever seen in the 11 years we have lived here. This load will make a great start (and maybe finish) on the frozen apple sauce this year.
    Look like Mac's maybe ?? They look great to me. Our wild apple crop here is really good this year too.
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Trying to post a second pic that is right side up. Who knew it was that hard on an S4?

Edit: I guess I'll quit while I'm behind. The android tractorbynet app is not nearly as user friendly as the ipad app.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -forumrunner_20130914_185918-jpg  

Page 280 of 383 FirstFirst ... 180230270277278279280281282283290330380 ... LastLast