TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,811  
IMG_0820.jpgIMG_0815.jpgIMG_0819.jpg
Helped a neighbor plant a large tablet of schistin his yard. The BX24 couldn't liftthe slab, but I could lever it up enough to drop into the trough I had cut. We placed some 2"x8" planks in the backside of the hole to catch it. My estimate is that it weighed 1,000-1,100 lbs.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,812  
We created a nice stone table also. This one weighed closer to 900#, I think. I could lift one end high enough to drag it over the base rock, then drop in on top into a balanced position, then nudge it around and sideways until it sat well with a couple of small shim stones.

IMG_0829.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,813  
I got the oil plug washer for the tiller from the part's house. Cost $1.98 for three. I would hate to guess what it would have been from Kabota.

Yesterday before I went in to work, I got my food plots raked, {by hand} spread some 13-13-13, tilled it in, spread rye grass seed, then used the old scratcher to rake them in. I wish I had thought of it before I had raked all the pinestraw by hand. It had been years since I had used the scratcher, and it was wider than I remembered. It just barely fit between the pines. Now if TS Karen will just bring me some rain so the seed will sprout. I see I included a picture of the widened trail going in. I cut some small oaks and tilled up next to the stumps. That should cut down on the scratches on my truck.

002.jpg010.jpg012.jpg017.jpg019.jpg013.jpg

Edit: I just remembered that I forgot to rake the seeds in one small plot away from the others. I hope I'm not late for work, but I'm running back there to do it now. If I wait it will be Monday before I can get to it, and by then the rain will have started.

Larro

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,814  
Helped a neighbor plant a large tablet of schistin his yard. The BX24 couldn't liftthe slab, but I could lever it up enough to drop into the trough I had cut. We placed some 2"x8" planks in the backside of the hole to catch it. My estimate is that it weighed 1,000-1,100 lbs.

Those are some neat stones. You must have had fun moving them around. Nice work.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,815  
Thanks, Gordon. It is fun *and* satisfying to see them planted. :)

Paul

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,816  
I had to fill the Hydraulic Oil Tank on the dozer after draining it to replace some lines. It takes two 5 gallon pails. I lift a 5 gallon pails in the bucket then siphon the oil down into the dozer tank. Much easier than trying to pour from a full pail and the best part is there is no mess to clean up. I have one of those simple little siphon hoses with the weighted check valve on the bottom. You just stick the valve end in the bucket and shake it up and down a few times until the tube fills and the flow starts. It's a little slow but gives me a chance to go get some coffee.

Attachments

• Siphon3.JPG
    Siphon3.JPG
    365.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Siphon1.JPG
    Siphon1.JPG
    511 KB · Views: 228
  • Siphon2.JPG
    Siphon2.JPG
    603.6 KB · Views: 246
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,817  
I had to fill the Hydraulic Oil Tank on the dozer after draining it to replace some lines. It takes two 5 gallon pails. I lift a 5 gallon pails in the bucket then siphon the oil down into the dozer tank. Much easier than trying to pour from a full pail and the best part is there is no mess to clean up. I have one of those simple little siphon hoses with the weighted check valve on the bottom. You just stick the valve end in the bucket and shake it up and down a few times until the tube fills and the flow starts. It's a little slow but gives me a chance to go get some coffee.

Great idea Gordon. Save that back.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,818  
Cut down three more cherry trees in the hillside donkey paddock I am building. Brought the tractor in to collect the firewood. I ended up being surprised at the angle of the tractor when I got off. I measured 20 degrees with the compass app on my iPhone. It didn't feel bad at all getting into that position, but it felt just a little squirrelly getting out, maybe because of the added weight in the bucket and lack of counterweight. Still learning the feel of the tractor after a year.

Attachments

• image-965251356.jpg
    image-965251356.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 223
  • image-2572082852.jpg
    image-2572082852.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 208
  • image-2381060334.jpg
    image-2381060334.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 219
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,819  
Got to use my new roll-over box blade today. Scarified and removed the sod. Then the scarifiers again to "till" the soil and finally the box to level & smooth. Its a new area for my corn patch. A lot closer to the house - maybe I can keep the deer out of this patch. Sorry no pics - having too much fun with the new toy.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,820  
Cut down three more cherry trees in the hillside donkey paddock I am building. Brought the tractor in to collect the firewood. I ended up being surprised at the angle of the tractor when I got off. I measured 20 degrees with the compass app on my iPhone. It didn't feel bad at all getting into that position, but it felt just a little squirrelly getting out, maybe because of the added weight in the bucket and lack of counterweight. Still learning the feel of the tractor after a year.
I did some mowing with the Toolcat on the steep side of the dam several weeks ago and wondered about the angle of the slope.
P8300006.JPG

I hung a chain from the rear work light, to show true vertical. It was very hard to push open the door, to get out to take the picture!
P9250008.JPG

I went back today in the Ranger EV. Took the protractor to get a reading of the angle. The straight edge is too short to work on the uneven ground, so I measured the back of the ranger.

It has a lot of body lean, so the angle is steeper than the slope.
PA070001.JPG PA070006.JPG PA070004.jpg
Don't have to worry about it rolling over, 8 batteries under the seat give it a low center of gravity! :thumbsup: