TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,831  
Fire wood today.

Really nice Gordon! It looks like you have a very efficient operation, from skidding to stacked and handled minimal times. How long do you let it sit in the shed before using?

Do you have any pics of how you mounted your saw? I like that.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,832  
Seat time after weekend storms;

Good to have a grapple and good to have 2 tractors.

I hear you! I rented a woodchipper two weekends ago and went to town all weekend cleaning up from summer storms.

All these trees that died in the drought of 2011 are beginning to really get bothersome anytime there's a little rain and wind. :thumbdown:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,833  
1025R-trailer-1.jpg

Trailered the [...]

Nice setup.:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,834  
^^^^^x2!!!!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,835  
Really nice Gordon! It looks like you have a very efficient operation, from skidding to stacked and handled minimal times. How long do you let it sit in the shed before using?

Do you have any pics of how you mounted your saw? I like that.

Thanks. I have two sections to the wood shed. Each holds one years plus supply of wood to heat the house. I alternate sides year to year. So each spring I have one almost empty side to fill, which usually gets done by 4th of July. That means normally the wood is in the shed two summers before use. This year I am quite a bit behind schedule on the last two and a half rows. Here is how I did the saw box. Too many pictures maybe but there may be an idea in there for someone.

Attachments

• SawBox7.JPG
    SawBox7.JPG
    587 KB · Views: 231
  • SawBox1.JPG
    SawBox1.JPG
    573.8 KB · Views: 217
  • SawBox2.JPG
    SawBox2.JPG
    446.7 KB · Views: 180
  • SawBox3.JPG
    SawBox3.JPG
    486.3 KB · Views: 206
  • SawBox4.JPG
    SawBox4.JPG
    549 KB · Views: 197
  • SawBox5.JPG
    SawBox5.JPG
    512.5 KB · Views: 179
  • SawBox6.JPG
    SawBox6.JPG
    795.2 KB · Views: 186
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,836  
I mowed the graveyard yesterday with the Husqvara, and did the trimming with my old Solo trimmer. I'm trying to get all the goody out of the old blades I can before changing them. But I have just about wore them out, so I went ahead and cut down the tall weeds that had grown up in the new section. A fellow pushed up the planted pines and smoothed it out as good as you can with a dozer, but it was full of roots. This morning I went back down there with the tine harrow on the B7500 and raked up the roots and pine straw the best I could.

024.jpg025.jpg

034.jpg036.jpg

I had thought about tilling it to smooth it out more, but there was already some grass taking hold, so I just went over it several times with the harrow. Then I got some rakes, saws, loppers and nippers. I smoothed out the worst of the it and got as many roots up as I could. I broadcast some rye grass seed, then raked it in with the harrow. Now I just need a little rain.

Larro

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,837  
Thanks. I have two sections to the wood shed. Each holds one years plus supply of wood to heat the house. I alternate sides year to year. So each spring I have one almost empty side to fill, which usually gets done by 4th of July. That means normally the wood is in the shed two summers before use. This year I am quite a bit behind schedule on the last two and a half rows. Here is how I did the saw box. Too many pictures maybe but there may be an idea in there for someone.

Thanks Gordon, that looks very well thought out, I really like how you can hold two saws like that. I'll keep this in mind.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,838  

Thanks Gordon, that looks very well thought out, I really like how you can hold two saws like that. I'll keep this in mind.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,839  
Thanks. I have two sections to the wood shed. Each holds one years plus supply of wood to heat the house. I alternate sides year to year. So each spring I have one almost empty side to fill.....

Gordon, can you post a few more pictures of the wood shed. I'd like to build something to hold about 20 cords of wood, 10 cords for a year. What is the floor made of? Are the sides vented? Any issues with critters living in, underneath, or under the eaves? Thanks for any guidance, Otto.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,840  
Gordon, can you post a few more pictures of the wood shed. I'd like to build something to hold about 20 cords of wood, 10 cords for a year. What is the floor made of? Are the sides vented? Any issues with critters living in, underneath, or under the eaves? Thanks for any guidance, Otto.

For the floor I made a braced frame of 6X6 PT set on flat rocks to get it level. Then filled it with 3/4" stone. I never saw one anchored like this so I can't guarantee it. But mine has lived thru a couple hurricanes and hasn't moved in over ten years. For critters I get mice, red squirrels, and snakes in the wood stacks. Pheobes and bees in the rafters. But nothing underneath :). The two sides and back are vented by spacing the boards. It is 10' deep by 16' wide and holds about 8 cord, 4 on each side. 4 cord is enough to heat our small house.

Attachments

• DSCF0325.JPG
    DSCF0325.JPG
    466.8 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCF0316.JPG
    DSCF0316.JPG
    466.1 KB · Views: 208
  • AtShed.JPG
    AtShed.JPG
    739.5 KB · Views: 234