TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,861  
Odd one today. A neighbor was unloading a 34 chev truck in the alley. They got it off the trailer but with 2 flat front tires (think rags) on the front it could not be moved.

Pushing it with the BX2200 FEL did not work. Lifting the front end of the truck caused the back of the tractor to lift.

I backed up to it and hooked the front bumper with the 3pt fitted with pat's hooks. I raised the 3pt as far as it was willing to go which took enough weight off the front end and I was able to move the truck without any trouble.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,862  
I had to fill the Hydraulic Oil Tank on the dozer after draining it to replace some lines. It takes two 5 gallon pails. I lift a 5 gallon pails in the bucket then siphon the oil down into the dozer tank. Much easier than trying to pour from a full pail and the best part is there is no mess to clean up. I have one of those simple little siphon hoses with the weighted check valve on the bottom. You just stick the valve end in the bucket and shake it up and down a few times until the tube fills and the flow starts. It's a little slow but gives me a chance to go get some coffee.

Ha, learned something today, I didn't think hydraulic fluid would siphon.. I figured it was too viscous. cool.

James K0UA

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,863  
i didn't build the whole thing today, but I did move some lumber around.

photo (1).jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,865  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,867  
Yep, my wife and I have been working on it nights and weekends since June. Hoping to have it closed up in the next couple weeks.

That's great. My wife and I did the same thing by our selves 13 years ago. Our place is a lot smaller though. We started spring of 2000 and had it externally framed and weather tight by christmas. In Aug 2001 we moved into the unfinished basement with a hot plate, toaster over, microwave, basement sink, and dorm room mini fridge for a kitchen. A bed and a table with a couple chairs for the rest. We slowly moved upstairs one room at a time as we finished them. Took us about 5 years total.

I sincerely hope you enjoy building and living in your new place as much as we have ours.

Attachments

• PatNailing.jpg
    PatNailing.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 223
  • SnowCrown.JPG
    SnowCrown.JPG
    496.7 KB · Views: 267
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,868  
That's great. My wife and I did the same thing by our selves 13 years ago. Our place is a lot smaller though. We started spring of 2000 and had it externally framed and weather tight by christmas. In Aug 2001 we moved into the unfinished basement with a hot plate, toaster over, microwave, basement sink, and dorm room mini fridge for a kitchen. A bed and a table with a couple chairs for the rest. We slowly moved upstairs one room at a time as we finished them. Took us about 5 years total.

I sincerely hope you enjoy building and living in your new place as much as we have ours.

So far it's been a great expierience. We're young and ambitious and so far we haven't killed each other! We're lucky enough to be doing this next door to the in-laws so we don't have to live I the basement. Finished space in the new place will be ~1400 sq ft.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,869  
Did my annual roadside ditch and bank mowing today. I wait until fall when all the leaves are off the brush and the frost has gotten to the ferns and wild flowers so I can see all the obstacles easier. Plus my wife gets mad if I mow to many wild flowers that are still flourishing.

Attachments

• MowingBank2.JPG
    MowingBank2.JPG
    782.8 KB · Views: 226
  • MowingBank1.JPG
    MowingBank1.JPG
    859.5 KB · Views: 277
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,870  
Installed some scrapped granite curbing I acquired, at a neighbor's house. Created a garden spot for them, and used to 'extra' pieces as a nice little bench for them. 2 stone bench.JPGcurbed garden.JPG