TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,891  
I sat a millstone and then planted some cork screws later!

photo2_zps98cfff5f.jpg

photo_zps06cc05ca.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,892  
Cut into an embankment, removing three decent stumps in the process, to create 5 parking spots at my neighbor's house.

Paul

I am always surprised by how much work those little things can do.

Today I put my chains on then went down into the woods to clear a area of hemlock blowdowns off a woods road.

Attachments

• ClearingBlowDwn2.JPG
    ClearingBlowDwn2.JPG
    439.4 KB · Views: 247
  • ChainsOn.JPG
    ChainsOn.JPG
    454.9 KB · Views: 246
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,893  
Still getting wood bucked up and split before the snow starts flying, splitting wood 007.JPG needed both machines because after lifting (by hand) a couple rounds decided enough of that! and parked the grapple with rounds next to the splitter and then put the split pieces in the other bucket and moved the wood to be stacked.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,894  
Did my annual roadside ditch and bank mowing today. I wait until fall when all the leaves are off the brush and the frost has gotten to the ferns and wild flowers so I can see all the obstacles easier. Plus my wife gets mad if I mow to many wild flowers that are still flourishing.

MY wife stays MADDDDD so she doesn't have to get maddd.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,895  
Fired up the tractor for the first time since halloween and got some more wood today this time I didn't even have to use a saw to get it in this state my neighbor had this tree dropped by some pros he was afraid it was going take out his power lines.
It's about time to mount up the 36" bar on the MS660 and cut up some cord wood

ForumRunner_20131129_201210.png

ForumRunner_20131129_201151.png

ForumRunner_20131129_201229.png

ForumRunner_20131129_201254.png

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,896  
Fired up the tractor for the first time since halloween and got some more wood today this time I didn't even have to use a saw to get it in this state my neighbor had this tree dropped by some pros he was afraid it was going take out his power lines.
It's about time to mount up the 36" bar on the MS660 and cut up some cord wood

View attachment 348047

That's a nice looking 8540. What size tires are on it?

]

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,897  
Thanks Sixdogs they are titan radials 18.4R30 rear and I believe 12.4R24 front. No regrets on getting the widest tires available. If they had offered a wider front I would have done it. In soft ground even with 3pt ballast the front tends to sink in. Overall I'm very happy with the Mac 40 although jealous of the M8560's integrated park brake shift lever. Although still glad that park brake is a mechanical linkage in the transmission and that you cannot physically put the transmission in gear if the park brake is applied . I read too many stories were people left the park brake on and drove around for an undetermined amount of time

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,898  
. I read too many stories were people left the park brake on and drove around for an undetermined amount of time

I have left mine on before I have to admit, but it usually is only for a few feet. Usually when I change direction is when I notice. I agree your 8540 is a nice looking machine and the rear tires are perfect for that tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,899  
after.jpg

I've got plenty of firewood (at least two winter's worth) but the big blow we had last week dropped a couple of big trunks out of a clump of maple behind my daughter's place and I just couldn't stand to let them lay there.

guidowood.jpg

So I hooked up my new-to-me Pasquali 986 to the dump trailer and went and cut them up. There's more back there, but it was a lot softer than I thought it would be and I darn near didn't get out with this load, so I'll let it lay until it freezes a little harder.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 162
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,900  
I've got plenty of firewood (at least two winter's worth) but the big blow we had last week dropped a couple of big trunks out of a clump of maple behind my daughter's place and I just couldn't stand to let them lay there.

I get almost all my firewood from blow downs. The only trees that I have cut down for years were those getting close to power lines.