TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,082  
Freak ice/snow storm here starting Sunday night and through yesterday. There was/is 1/4" of snow on top of about 3" of solid sleet. Spent time today clearing my driveway some with my box blade. It was my first time using it for snow so I sort of had to figure out how to use it. Seems like going backwards using it like a dozer blade was the best way for me.

20140303_132056.jpg 20140304_172144.jpg 20140304_172154.jpg 20140304_172209.jpg 20140304_172245.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,083  
Freak ice/snow storm here starting Sunday night and through yesterday. There was/is 1/4" of snow on top of about 3" of solid sleet. Spent time today clearing my driveway some with my box blade. It was my first time using it for snow so I sort of had to figure out how to use it. Seems like going backwards using it like a dozer blade was the best way for me.

View attachment 363865 View attachment 363866 View attachment 363867 View attachment 363868 View attachment 363869

Man that is the worst kind of wintry mix to have. We had some freezing rain a few weeks ago that broke a lot of limbs out of the pines, luckily the last storm was sleet and a little bit of snow. Not enough to bother the roads though. Wife has been wishing for snow all year.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,084  
beautiful house. What are you going to finish the outside with?
thank you. Going to go part way up with stone and use cedar shakes. I can't see going this far and not using real cedar. Here is a side by side of our home (last year) and the finished product .

image_zpsf365cb3a.jpg

Now:

photo_zpsc749d382.jpg

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,085  
Wow... lotta roofs... I like it... used to build stuff like that, rafters are fun to figure out... worked with a guy who couldn't do the math but could cut any board I could get a pencil mark on... we made a good team. Geometry and math in general come easy to me.

I like building stairs too...
The roof build was bear. Had to stick build 80% of it by hand. Took 3 months with very skilled and brave folks (not me). Here is the entire build to now. Started 2 years ago.

Amicalola Photos by cartod | Photobucket

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,086  
cartod--how many square ft is that?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,087  
cartod--how many square ft is that?
Its a ranch style home with 3200 sq ft. on the living floor. The basement is unfinished and will remain that way for my shop. We finished out the bonus room over the garage which adds another 1000. So its 4200 sq ft with the potential to be about 7000 if you choose the finished basement.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,088  
Amazing, Quite a house. I have helped stick build before and not easy. Hope you
enjoy living in it. Basement shop space, large garage, what more could you ask for?

Tom
:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,089  
Agreed. That's a nice house. :)

After patching a tire on my gooseneck trailer. "used to be a fifth wheel camper" I decided to get in some seat time on my garden tractor with loader. I moved a big stone with the forks I made. I wasn't sure if it was gonna pick the stone up or not. But to my surprise it did.

Here's a pic of the stone sitting on the forks while in the air.

homemadeloaderpickinguplargestone.jpg

That stone is pretty heavy. I could barely move it by hand. But the loader I added to the garden tractor lifted it like it was nothing. I'm gonna make a flower bed with these stones. The stones were used for the foundation of an old house I tore down.

Chad

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,090  
Agreed. That's a nice house. :)

After patching a tire on my gooseneck trailer. "used to be a fifth wheel camper" I decided to get in some seat time on my garden tractor with loader. I moved a big stone with the forks I made. I wasn't sure if it was gonna pick the stone up or not. But to my surprise it did.

Here's a pic of the stone sitting on the forks while in the air.

View attachment 364122

That stone is pretty heavy. I could barely move it by hand. But the loader I added to the garden tractor lifted it like it was nothing. I'm gonna make a flower bed with these stones. The stones were used for the foundation of an old house I tore down.

Chad

Wait a minute. it sounds like you're doing some great things. There's a lot of good stuff you mentioned that a few more pictures would be interesting. A gooseneck trailer that used to be a camper sounds great and I'll bet there is a story behind it. And a loader on a garden tractor with homemade forks begs for photos and more of the story. I see some of the photos in your link but more of that story would be nice. Thanks..