TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,121  
Ol L4310HST was diggin just to get one end pulled out into the road...

Rolled right up the ramps

Headed to the log yard... 16' long, 30" diam.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,122  
Shortly after the pictures in my last post, my buddy in his 4310 was tramming back up the gravel road... had a branch stuck in the loader/forks... was curling/uncurling the forks to dislodge it while moving up the road in high range... forks cought the road, stopped him in his tracks RIGHT NOW... bent one fork, broke the other off the backing plate, and now the curl cyl wont fully extend/retract. Will move about 1/4 of normal travel, in about middle of travel, where they were when it happened. No obviously bent parts, rods, or binding. But something is MESSED UP... he's p! $$ ed off. Stupid mistake. Lucky he didnt go thru the windshield when it happened.

Keep yer loaders up folks....

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,124  
Yikes good thing the forks we re not stronger he might have made it into the guinness book of world records for pole vaulting a tractor.

Sounds expensive. Hopefully the valves are fine. Wonder if the seals rolled and stuck in the bore

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,125  
The logs didnt bring near as much as we had hoped... took the 16' and an 8' of the same tree... been on the ground a year and a half and center was soft on the 16'. Got $484 for both... buddy's tractor my truck and trailer... $242 each, not bad for a half days work hauling free logs.

As to the damage later... he reports today that the curl cyl will barely move now. I told him to swap lift lines with curl lines at the QD's to isolate issues... we'll see what he says tomorrow.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,126  
he is going to have to replace the curl cylinder no q about.as the cylinder is probly bent pretty good.an he may have to work on the quick tatch part of his forks.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,127  
I do not think the cyl is bent... when it was moving about 1/4 of the travel, it moved true. I am inclined to think valve damage, or seals blown.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,128  
Good news! Problem found and solved... hyd line at quick disconnect came lose. Reconnected, and curl works fine. Happy days! Forks and backing plate still gonna give me a few hours in the shop, but it all pays the same. Nice that I work for him most days... he brakes something on log days and I get paid to fix it.

Seat time... after the line fix on the L4310, I got to drive the L2850 about 4 miles around the ridge from his house to where we work, nice sunny day for a cruise... when I got home from work I took my own tractor over the hill to cut up a fallen tree. Got an 8' and 12'x 12"+ logs out of it, as well as a nice loader bucket of firewood, with at least another left in the field.

Good day, good day indeed... spring time is here!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,129  
IMG_2174.jpg
got the garden tilled today:thumbsup:
as I was putting the tractor up the neighbor called and asked if I could come till his garaden also, so got a little more seat time there also :dance1:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,130  
Sounds like your buddy dogged a bullet
Good news! Problem found and solved... hyd line at quick disconnect came lose. Reconnected, and curl works fine. Happy days! Forks and backing plate still gonna give me a few hours in the shop, but it all pays the same. Nice that I work for him most days... he brakes something on log days and I get paid to fix it.

Seat time... after the line fix on the L4310, I got to drive the L2850 about 4 miles around the ridge from his house to where we work, nice sunny day for a cruise... when I got home from work I took my own tractor over the hill to cut up a fallen tree. Got an 8' and 12'x 12"+ logs out of it, as well as a nice loader bucket of firewood, with at least another left in the field.

Good day, good day indeed... spring time is here!

View attachment 366576
got the garden tilled today:thumbsup:
as I was putting the tractor up the neighbor called and asked if I could come till his garaden also, so got a little more seat time there also :dance1:

Awesome I'd show you a picture of my garden but its covered in 8" of snow :( still