TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,191  
Trimmed some of the post oaks near the house and tried my brand new Titan clamp on pallet forks so I could use the Kubota B2710 with turf tires and not tear up the yard.

The big tractor with grapple has Ag tires which don't do much to improve the grass.

image-3435784152.jpg

image-1590636548.jpg

Result is the pallet forks to move tree limbs is not nearly as handy as the grapple. You are really just balancing them on the forks and they are likely to just topple over forwards. The grapple closes and secures them.

This is how we learn?

Attachments

• image-1139995881.jpg
    image-1139995881.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,192  
congrats greg

this is what the tractor has been doing all winter, being used as a forklift. that pallet weigh ~1350lbs. fancy tile for a job.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,193  
ForumRunner_20140405_194053.png
Today's seat time
Getting ready to plant

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,194  
Got some real seat time today... on my own tractor! Cleaned out the horse, pig, and rabbit's pens... so the tractor made a few trips to the manure pile, then out behind the house to bring back a bucket load of firewood. I had pulled a few locust trees up there last monday, so I cut about 4 nice post out of them, and stove-lenthed the rest. Not tractor related, but I worked on stripping out a '95 F150 to haul to the scrap yard too.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,195  
I got a few minutes seat time. I swapped he bucket for grapple and put the stump grinder back on.

I drove it up the hill and then changed my mind on what I was gonna do first and decided to take down the electrobraid horse fence first (that was a manual labor job...). But I took down all the temporary posts (except the t-posts) and roughly rolled up 2400' of electrobraid by hand...

The tractor just went back donw the hill to the tractor shed...

Maybe next time...
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,196  
Well finally winter has let go and I got out with the bx2360 and the bxm32 chipper to start spring clean up. I had 6 very large white pine trees taken down this past fall that were just to close to the house. And then the snow started so I left them till now.
I cut all the branches off last week and cut the rest of them into 16" rounds. Today I started to chip up the branches and boy do I love this bxm32 :). I had not gotten to use it that much after we got it last fall and was thinking maybe I had made a mistake in getting it. But WOW I tell you if you have the acreage and trees like I do and burn wood for heat you can't go wrong with this unit.

Attachments

• image-2182751642.jpg
    image-2182751642.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 221
  • image-1895092735.jpg
    image-1895092735.jpg
    680.8 KB · Views: 221
  • image-128419042.jpg
    image-128419042.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 203
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,197  
Went and borrowed mom's old 10 HP Wheel Horse, charged the battery, changed the oil, greased it, aired up the tires and rolled the lawn :yawn:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,198  
Well finally winter has let go and I got out with the bx2360 and the bxm32 chipper to start spring clean up. I had 6 very large white pine trees taken down this past fall that were just to close to the house. And then the snow started so I left them till now.
I cut all the branches off last week and cut the rest of them into 16" rounds. Today I started to chip up the branches and boy do I love this bxm32 :). I had not gotten to use it that much after we got it last fall and was thinking maybe I had made a mistake in getting it. But WOW I tell you if you have the acreage and trees like I do and burn wood for heat you can't go wrong with this unit.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,199  
Tractor is in limbo - Stuck between Winter and Spring. But a great time for maintenence and small projects. The only seat time lately is moving stuff into the garage to work on then back out again. On a great and beautiful day like today though I left the tractor in the garage and brought the work outside to be done under the sun. I am going to put a bolt-on hitch on my winch so I can tow my wood splitter or a small trailer at the same time I have the winch on.

ReeseHitch1.JPG ReeseHitch2.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,200  

Wow that is a big pile of chips. How long did that take you chip all that?