TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,211  
Yesterday I got an hour or so of seat time clearing a road/path to one of our overgrown fields... it was briars and fallen trees for about a hundred yards. Not done but at least I could walk thru it now or ride the 4 wheeler.

Today I loaded a few buckets of horse manure for the neighbor down the road. Told him he could have it for free, he's a nice guy, I was in high school marching band with his son. He insisted on giving me cash... told him keep it... he wouldn't take it back... guess we'll buy horse feed to restock the manure pile!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,212  
Seriously? No one got seat time on 4/11/14? Oh the huge manatee!

It was the best weather of the year to date with warm temps and sunshine (if your into that sort of thing) ;)

Changing my firewood cutting from fell, block up into 16~18" rounds, split, and load; to fell, cut to 8' logs, haul to landing, stack, block up into 16~18" rounds, split, and load out means I have to establish a landing.

Spent 2 1/2 hours clearing out an area, setting some 20' long timbers parallel to each other and ~5' apart to stack logs on, then began to haul logs out of the wood and stack them.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,213  

It was the best weather of the year to date with warm temps and sunshine (if your into that sort of thing) ;)

Yup. Unfortunately, the ground is so soft that I don't dare take the tractor where the work is just yet. I cleaned out the sheep shed and chicken coop a couple of days ago, and left ruts 6" deep in the pasture.

Good news is, my compost pile is cooking nicely!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,214  

I did mow the back yard with the B1750 and Woods mower yesterday. Even took a couple of pictures. But I also worked the rest of the day piling and burning brush piles, and planting the garden. I forgot about posting until I was already in bed. The pictures were on my PC in the other room, and I didn't get out of bed to do it. But if I think of it tonight when I get off work, I'll post a picture.

Larro

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,215  
Wifey wants a garden plot in the field at the edge of the yard. So I stopped at dad's and borrowed his old single bottom plow... doubt its been used in 10 years, he was quick to help load it! It's painted green, the old guy he got it from 30 years ago had a JD. However I found a Ford tag, model might be 10-187 but all I'm sure of is the 187 part.

Had to remove the wheel spacer on the right side to get the tire in the right place to work right... but all things considered it worked fine.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,216  
Finally dried out enough to do some work on my pothole-riddled driveway.

Hooked up the box blade with the hydraulic top link and made one pass before the tractor decided to idle down on it's own and then quit.

Long story short, the float on the fuel gauge had jammed and that half tank of fuel I thought I had was actually about a teaspoonful. Dang.

Note: The bleed screws on a JD 750 are a real pain to get at with a loader mounted...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,218  
I ploughed one of the paddocks today using a very old 2 furrow non-reversible plough.

photo.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,219  
I got the snowblower and sub frame off yesterday and the loader back on today. As soon as it stops raining I will be taking the shed apart (the one that caved in over winter), in preparation for the new one that I will be building.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,220  
played with dirt today, moving a dirt pile, and filling ruts. removed a stump. my father even got to play, he dug a grave (for my aunt's horse). get to finish relocating the dirt pile tomorrow, the PTO cable froze on dump truck, only got one load moved. pictures.

and why are these guys still here they normally leave by mid march

spring is finally here