TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,481  
Worked on one of my wood piles. It was a field test for the adjustable stop linkage I put on the splitter.

StopTest1.JPG StopTest2.JPG

Here is the adjustable stop linkage. When the knife returns it strikes the lower bar and the splitter control lever is pushed forward by the linkge into the stop position. That way I can adjust how far the ram retracts on the return cycle.

StopTest3.JPG

My first try at a simpler adjustable stop was a failure seen here.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/312189-need-strength-material-advise-fix.html

This is where it stops on return for 18" wood. Saves a lot of time to have the ram close when you are ready to start the next cycle after dealing with the last piece. I still split some wood at 12" for people with kitchen stoves. I will save more time for that.

StopTest4.JPG

Here is the build photos

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/313802-adjustable-return-stop-wood-splitter.html

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,482  
Between last night and today got about four hours digging a trench to bury piping for my downspouts. These pictures show one of the two trenches, all together it is about 275' of ditch. I love this backhoe attachment.

Attachments

• image-3052208567.jpg
    image-3052208567.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 186
  • image-3081226169.jpg
    image-3081226169.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image-3610681285.jpg
    image-3610681285.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 175
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,483  
006.jpg

I mowed the dog yard with the B1750 and Woods RFM late this afternoon. With the rain we've been getting, the grass was about knee deep. If I have time tomorrow, I will rake the clippings to put around the grapevine growing on the fence.

Larro

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,484  
View attachment 378083

I mowed the dog yard with the B1750 and Woods RFM late this afternoon. With the rain we've been getting, the grass was about knee deep. If I have time tomorrow, I will rake the clippings to put around the grapevine growing on the fence.

Larro

Do you have a back pack leaf blower? Blow the clippings in piles and then shovel them up.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,485  
I got the big stump ready to load. It was way easier to push now that the ground has dried up some.

Here it is at the loading dock.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,486  
Getting ready to load the stump.

In position to dump the stump at its final resting place.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,487  
Do you have a back pack leaf blower? Blow the clippings in piles and then shovel them up.

No back pack, just a hand held blower. The work is not the problem, I enjoy raking. There is just not enough hours in the day to do everything that I need to do. As folks around here say, I could use a crew of Mexicans for about a month just to get my head above water. Right now I'm spending all my time in the garden. I just come out to eat and cut the grass:eek:

Larro

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,488  
No back pack, just a hand held blower. The work is not the problem, I enjoy raking. There is just not enough hours in the day to do everything that I need to do. As folks around here say, I could use a crew of Mexicans for about a month just to get my head above water. Right now I'm spending all my time in the garden. I just come out to eat and cut the grass:eek:

Larro

I know what you mean, it is tough to get everything done.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,489  
Yesterday was a good day. We had a local operator bring in a D4 dozer and a 311 excavator to build us a pond a couple weeks ago. In addition to the pond, he also cleared about 15 stumps and took out three trees. He left the trees in a pile that I told him I would clean up and bring to the brush pile so he didn't have to trek across the lawn too much. Last night I pulled the tractor up to the tree pile and planned on cutting the trees there, then taking piles of brush to the brush pile. Instead, I cut the root balls off, chained all three trees together with chain and grab hooks, put the other end of the chain to my bucket and dragged them to the brush pile, using the FEL to raise the trunks just enough to prevent digging in. The biggest tree was maybe 6" diameter, with the other two being smaller, so I was in no danger. When I got them to the brush pile I got the saw out and cut them up. I am an electrical engineer by trade so any time I get out using the tractor and saw in the same day is a GOOD DAY.

Joe