TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,502  
Put in 12 hours at church putting in three loads of rock. We are extending the parking lot and the front yard is becoming swampy because the beavers on the other side of the main road (the low side is holding water due to beavers) so I could not drive on the 12 foot wide. It was a chore to spread the #3 lime stone with the FEL on the 12K pound back hoe. I would kind of float the S10 over the dense grade so I smoothed by pulling a 6' section of dad's old harrow with a cross tie on top of it. My bother had ran over it with the bush hog once and we had to cut trees that had grew up through it. :)

After getting down that thin layer of #3's and the dense grade roughed in the rock did support the heavy 265 MF pulling the 8' Bush Hog box blade by going fast. Then I had to do a lot of touch up with a shovel and rake and it started raining hard at 7 PM. By the time I could get the JD BH and the 265 MF hid behind the church I was soaked so I worked on to 9 PM in the rain because due to God's level I could see the high and low places. Glad that job is behind my son and me. They had been talking about buying the rock for three years so finally acted last week. The rain should set every thing up well when it settles up after getting the ground working and blowing out holes. I only used dense grade last time and it took a couple years to get really firm.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,505  
Not today... but last week at work... dug about 200' of ditch with a borrowed Terramite backhoe. Nice little mechine, I've used it and others like it before.

The object was drain lines for both surface water and gutters, and a floor drain near the Peterson swing blade saw mill. Building is currently open on the sides, will be closing in the end where the Terramite is pictured as soon as ditch work is done.

The L4310 looks huge when parked next to the Terramite. It also made quick work of pulling the Terramite out when it's dismal traction issues came into play. Could have monkeyed around and used the hoe to push myself out but pulling it was quicker and did less damage to the ground and building.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,506  
I helped a buddy drop twin dressed marine big blocks in his boat. We estimate that they were ~1k lbs each. I needed them at the end of the forks to have enough reach. I had the 24" backhoe bucket loaded with concrete blocks, and had the backhoe fully extended for ballast.

ac

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,508  
Well i spent 40 minutes splitting one piece of wood last night I'll have to take some exact measurements from its sister piece but from what i guess going into my calculator shows this log is atleast 400 lbs for a conservative estimate. That was fun moving it around it fell off the first time i had it up on the splitter it was work out just tipping it up on its side again so i could roll it back to the lift. It did make a nice pile of wood for only one piece :)

20140619_211556-vi.jpg

for reference the knife height is 9.5" tall
20140619_211556-vi.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,509  
Well i spent 40 minutes splitting one piece of wood last night I'll have to take some exact measurements from its sister piece but from what i guess going into my calculator shows this log is atleast 400 lbs for a conservative estimate. That was fun moving it around it fell off the first time i had it up on the splitter it was work out just tipping it up on its side again so i could roll it back to the lift. It did make a nice pile of wood for only one piece :)

20140619_211556-vi.jpg

for reference the knife height is 9.5" tall
20140619_211708-vi.jpg