TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,531  
Looks like it did a fine job.:thumbsup:

The finished job came out well. It just took alot longer than most other jobs. I also worked the machine pretty good as well.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,534  
This is a good question. I don't know if more power would of helped chew up the weeds better therefore moving along faster. Or, if the weeds were just so thick they had no where to go.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,535  
Hi Ken,
Wow! It looks like you took on some serious weeds. Years ago, I lived in Maryland, and reclaimed some overgrown farm land that looked somewhat like yours. Mine was infested with multiflora rosebushes that were popular in the early nineteen hundreds for hedgerows and are now outlawed. I had an Allis Chalmers WD 45 and a Massey Harris 44-6. I also had a 5 foot mower. I tackled anything I could get the tractor over. However, it was slow going. Both tractors worked very hard, in low gear. With the Allis, particularly, I had to use the hand clutch, to allow the mower to chop things up. It had as least as much power as the Massey Harris, but first gear had a faster ground speed. I was very glad to go slowly, as there were lots of hidden obstacles: Trash, old car parts, old farm machinery parts, stumps, fence posts, woodchuck holes and rocks. Once the land was cleared, a few mowings each year was adequate to keep things clear. These follow-on mowings were no strain on either tractor. (One of the things I remember best is mowing in subsequent years each summer, and having a flock of swallows following me, eating the grasshoppers and other bugs that were stirred up.I felt like the Pied Piper.) I would think twice about upsizing your tractor. Just me. Best of luck.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,537  
Bushhogged bout 5 acres. Mostly yesterday and cleaned up some this morning. It was close 100 degrees and humidity bout 85 %. Talk about "cowboying up" The little L3400 DT so called economy L model one tough little son of a gun.
Temperature gauge lifted up bout 2/5 of gauge always has run cool. Pulling a 172 Squealer 6'.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    771.2 KB · Views: 178
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,538  
Bushhogged bout 5 acres. Mostly yesterday and cleaned up some this morning. It was close 100 degrees and humidity bout 85 %. Talk about "cowboying up" The little L3400 DT so called economy L model one tough little son of a gun.
Temperature gauge lifted up bout 2/5 of gauge always has run cool. Pulling a 172 Squealer 6'.

I looked at the L3200 last year. The wife gave me the green light, and I almost bought one. But I really didn't need it, so I backed away. I ended up buying a used '13 Camry for about the same money, and I use it everyday. Now if I could find a deal on a used one, I would snap it up in a minute.

Larro

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,539  
Spent a couple hours spreading manure today...Manure Load.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,540  
Mowing, mowing, mowing. No pics, only mowing. Used the NH TL100, Kubota B2710, and JD Z829 A.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet