Page 50 of 360 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100150 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Quote Originally Posted by soulasphil View Post
    I'm not sure you can read the figures on the poor scan I managed to make, but they are 14'9" vertical and 10'6" for a horizontal cut. It can cut on either side and there is a safety release if you get it caught in something. I have about 1 kilometre of various hedges here and this implement really changed my life !
    Nice! Thanks Phil.
    Jim

Tractor
    JD 3520 powerreverser

Went to cut and pick up pine tree limbs broken by the winter storms and took them away for burning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf3183-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3184-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3185-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3189-r-olution-de-l  
    3520 PR

Tractor
    JD 3520 powerreverser

Did some mowing in the orchard with the 60D Autoconnect MMM. Pity there isn't something to hold up the discharge chute for doors and narrow passages !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf3194-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3195-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3197-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3198-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3199-r-olution-de-l  

-dscf3201-r-olution-de-l  
    3520 PR

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    5200 John Deere, ZD21 Kubota

Spent about 5 hours on a "like new" restored IH 1086 with cab (and working air) that belongs to my Step Daughter's in-laws. Pulling a 9 cubic yard pan moving dirt around their new house. We also had a Cat 320 Excavator, a D5 Dozer, a Case 580 BH, and a 766 IH with a pan moving around. Had to watch to keep from running into something.

Beat the heck out of the desk and meeting rooms at the office!!!!

Tractor
    JD 3520 powerreverser

Finally got around to trimming the mapple branches hanging too low over our drive. They'll get burnt as soon as we have some rain and the countryside is not so dry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf3208-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3210-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3212-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3214-r-olution-de-l   -dscf3217-r-olution-de-l  

3520 PR

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1987 Ford 2810

Spent about 6 hours planting my deer food plot. I have about 2 acres in this one. Disked it, sowed 4 bags of VNS rye, disked it again, sowed 15 lb rape seed on the same plot, rolled it in with the cultipacker. Also sowed 600 lbs 10-10-10 fertilizer on it. Hope I'm not too late in the season getting the rape into the ground. Deer really love it. Checked my game cameras too. Lots of pictures of does and fawns, 2 smaller bucks that I will leave for another year, couple turkeys, nothing else. No rain forcast for a week or so.

Tractor
    kubota m8540hdc12 jd 2305 jd 4005 jd 5055e

mowed ten acres of second cutting, then ran the tedder over it. four hours.

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

Dug a ditch along one side of the Chicken Palace for drainage. Will install some drainage pipe and a 3 inch solid pipe to carry away the gutter water. A few of the brown girls helped me out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ditchfgarden-029-jpg   -ditchfgarden-033-jpg   -ditchfgarden-031-jpg  

Tractor
    JD 3320

Quote Originally Posted by soulasphil View Post
    Finally got around to trimming the mapple branches hanging too low over our drive. They'll get burnt as soon as we have some rain and the countryside is not so dry.
    Love the pictures, this is a great thread! I'm surprised that they allow burning there, seems like Europe is much more stringent on environmental issues.

2010-3320 e-hydro 300CX
    LA105

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    The fertilizer will wash down through the soil horizons by the spring time?
    Depends on the fertilizer you use, and where you live.
    If you use fast acting fertilizer, and have a winter ground cover there are 2 effects.......the ground cover will utilize 'some' of the fertilizer, but leave fertilizer of it's own behind, if it's tilled under in early spring.
    If no ground cover, and not tilled under.....fertilizer can be destroyed before spring arrives.
    As far as 'washing out" I haven't experience that, but in a 'flood prone area' it probably will happen.
    Most of the fertilizer I've seen(whether it be manure or store bought), seems to work the best in my area in the second year.
    I've read that a lot of the fertilizer needs to 'work' for a while before it can actually be utilized by plants for food.
    I know I'm not using the correct terminoligy for what I'm describing, but the philosophy is the same. If you don't have major run-off problems, the second year is best for fertility.
    So I fertilize in the fall, and don't allow anything to grow. In my soil here, it seems to work well.
    Don't get me wrong, I still fertilize in the spring, but the fall fertilizing and the addition of lime(slow acting), seems to work well.
    Although, I have been thinking of sowing a crop of winter wheat or something, then tilling it under in the spring to see what happens.
    I will have 2 gardens growing next year, one at my house, and the other at my BIL's place in Maryland that we've had going for 6 or 7 years now.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Page 50 of 360 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100150 ... LastLast