Page 51 of 391 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast
    Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Quote Originally Posted by soulasphil View Post
    Finally got around to trimming the mapple branches hanging too low over our drive. They'll get burnt as soon as we have some rain and the countryside is not so dry.
    Philippe, nobody will ever accuse you of being lazy. Wow! You are working yourself and your tractor hard. You have some beautiful equipment to help with your beautiful property. It's turning into a showplace.
    Jim

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

I had put off bush hogging the farm because of our 100deg temps and high humidity so as fate would have it I left the house yesterday morning on my tractor to drive the 5 miles to the farm to bush hog ...I froze...LOL...It was in the 50's and the sun was not hitting the road I traveled and I was in a short sleve shirt....anyway spent 8 hrs. bush hogging, it was grass and brush all was over the hood of the tractor and some brush was 6 feet high...I still have another good 8 hrs to go. I was glad I have a FEL....had some limbs that had been blown down in the storm and easily just moved them out of the way and while bush hogging one long cedar limb was hiding in the high grass and I heard something and stopped the tractor and that cedar limb had jammed itself under the tractor and up under the PTO shaft and running clear across the top of the mower deck and extending out 5 ft. on the back of the mower deck and 5 ft. out in front of the tractor and here I am with no tools....what to do ? It would not budge so I had an Ah Hah ! moment and got back on the tractor and put the bucket on the FEL into the full dump position and dropped it down on top of the wedged limb and put the tractor in reverse and then worked the bucket from back to front until I had pulled the whole limb out ...I would not want to bush hog without an FEL...In fact I would always want an FEL..
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    2008 Deere 4320 eHydro w/400X FEL and Unloaded R4's

Brush hogged 17 acres with a BX started out as a small small lot, then got bigger and bigger took me 8.5 hours, with a 4ft brush hog.
    2007 Deere 4520 eHyrdo (60 HP) 4WD w/400X FEL 73" Quick Attach Bucket,
    I-Match, Unloaded R4's, and Old Woods Rotary Cutter

2005 Kubota BX2230 (22 HP) 4WD w/LA211 FEL Bucket Unloaded R3's,60MMM, 4ft Woods Rotary Cutter

1978 Wheel Horse C141 Snow Plow, Wheelwieghts, chains, and wagon

2003 Deere L110 with 42" Deck

15 Years Old

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by deere4320 View Post
    Brush hogged 17 acres with a BX started out as a small small lot, then got bigger and bigger took me 8.5 hours, with a 4ft brush hog.
    Geez, that is fast what gear and speed were you in and how high was the brush ? and only 8.5 hours for 17 acres with a 4 ft. cutter..you must have been really flying...?
    Bob

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

1*Pity there isn't something to hold up the discharge chute for doors and narrow passages !
    1*I use a bungie strap for that.

I really like this toy and could really have fun with it around here.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    2008 Deere 4320 eHydro w/400X FEL and Unloaded R4's

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    Geez, that is fast what gear and speed were you in and how high was the brush ? and only 8.5 hours for 17 acres with a 4 ft. cutter..you must have been really flying...?
    Yes i was....i have brush-hogged the field many times before so i knew it pretty well. Also the brush was very low (about 4-6 inches) so i kept it in high and blew through it. I was doing about 5-6 MPH i think. i probably could have done it alot faster with my 4320 and the 6ft rotary cutter.
    2007 Deere 4520 eHyrdo (60 HP) 4WD w/400X FEL 73" Quick Attach Bucket,
    I-Match, Unloaded R4's, and Old Woods Rotary Cutter

2005 Kubota BX2230 (22 HP) 4WD w/LA211 FEL Bucket Unloaded R3's,60MMM, 4ft Woods Rotary Cutter

1978 Wheel Horse C141 Snow Plow, Wheelwieghts, chains, and wagon

2003 Deere L110 with 42" Deck

15 Years Old

Tractor
    JD 3520 powerreverser

Quote Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin View Post
    I'm surprised that they allow burning there, seems like Europe is much more stringent on environmental issues.
    Burning is forbidden in the summer to avoid setting the countryside ablaze but allowed the rest of the year. They collect grass and small branches at special places, but above 5 centimetre diameter there is no other way.
    3520 PR

Tractor
    JD 3520 powerreverser

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Philippe, nobody will ever accuse you of being lazy. Wow! You are working yourself and your tractor hard.
    This is not quite true, I go through periods of activity and periods of inaction. For instance, today we had rain at last and I spent the day inside, settling bills and doing paper work at a very leisurely rythm.
    Last edited by soulasphil; 09-07-2010 at 02:35 AM.
    3520 PR

This is not quite true, I go through periods of activity and periods of inaction. For instance, today we had rain at last and I spent the day inside, settling bills and doing paper work at a very leisurely rhythm.
    Plus in France you are not allowed to work more than a 4 day week and 30 hours or so...is that correct ?
    Bob

Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Put on the sickle bar which is my only pain in the neck impliment. Takes me an hour to get it on, adjust it the way I like it and grease/oil it up. Ran down the side of the road a way then cut a small field/wild apple orchard that I cut once a year. The new grass will bring turkey and deer. Tomorrow I will cut the bigger field.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sicklebar-jpg  
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Page 51 of 391 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast