TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #522  
Originally Posted by Iowachild View Post
Actually they are not French, but an American invention.
Why Is It Called a French Drain?

Well you learn something new every day!
I guess that was it for today for me!
thanks.
James K0UA

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #523  
I have put about 4 hours seat time in today running the brush cutter and a bit of tilling. I try to cut between the 2nd week of August and the 2nd week of
Sept the old saying is that it keeps the weeds back a bit by not letting them go to seed. It is very dry here so I cut the steep parts of my trails and took a few pics. I dont think the camera tells the whole story. I have trouble keeping the seat switch from turning the tractor off.

Attachments

• HPIM2517a.jpg
    HPIM2517a.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 237
  • HPIM2518a.jpg
    HPIM2518a.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 230
  • HPIM2523a.jpg
    HPIM2523a.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 244
  • HPIM2524a.jpg
    HPIM2524a.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 271
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #524  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #525  
I have put about 4 hours seat time in today running the brush cutter and a bit of tilling. I try to cut between the 2nd week of August and the 2nd week of
Sept the old saying is that it keeps the weeds back a bit by not letting them go to seed. It is very dry here so I cut the steep parts of my trails and took a few pics. I dont think the camera tells the whole story. I have trouble keeping the seat switch from turning the tractor off.

No, pictures don't do it justice, but in comparing your pictures to mine, I can tell you are cutting some STEEP trails.:eek:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #526  
No, pictures don't do it justice, but in comparing your pictures to mine, I can tell you are cutting some STEEP trails.:eek:

I think a few of those hills are 30ー+- slope. It amazes me the hills that can be navigated. I would not go in some of these areas if its wet, it has to be dry or frozen.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #527  
I think a few of those hills are 30ー+- slope. It amazes me the hills that can be navigated. I would not go in some of these areas if its wet, it has to be dry or frozen.

I am sure they are 30+

I have some that are close to that and won't go near them without my FEL on and cutter on the ground; still makes me nervous unless I use our old MF375 that climbs like a goat. It is very heavy and fairly low profile.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #528  
I am sure they are 30+

I have some that are close to that and won't go near them without my FEL on and cutter on the ground; still makes me nervous unless I use our old MF375 that climbs like a goat. It is very heavy and fairly low profile.

That looks like a real good hillside tractor. I have my rims set to their widest. The L4400 is a low setting tractor and I test the hills to see if I am near the limit. If I have to go when its wet I put chains on.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #529  
Here are a few more shots of the trail mowing from the last couple of days. It was such a nice day with low humidity and a breeze blowing. I only hit 1 nest of yellow jackets and I didn't get stung 1 time. I cant say the same for the Jack Russel Terrier he got stung a few times and wasn't a bit happy.

Attachments

• HPIM2506a.jpg
    HPIM2506a.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 251
  • HPIM2514a.jpg
    HPIM2514a.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 231