TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,491  
déjà vu:

image5-1.jpg

IMG_0211.png

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,492  
The same, except more of it! At least it was a nice day to be out "working"!

P1010940.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,493  
Thinking of all those working the in snow. Stay safe guys.

I haven't been out to property for a while, but was able to trim low hanging limbs in town, grapple them all up, grub a few yaupons and cut/mulch everything up today. 70 degrees and sunny here.

Pile and grub roots
Cut brush and grubbed roots.jpg

Move to cutting location
Pile to cut 1.jpg

That should be good
Pile to cut 6.jpg

Clean and green!
After cutting.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,494  
Last two days I've gotten a few minutes of seat time trying to get my tractor from its shed up onto the driveway. There is WAY MORE snow than I thought from near the house. the wind howled for the entire storm and I have shocking snow drifts up top by the gate and former pasture fence.

I am Big Time Stuck...

Please nobody tell me how much better Ag tires would have done...

Be well all,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,495  
Me too:

stuck that is, photo still won't load, I give up...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,496  
Me too:

stuck that is, photo still won't load, I give up...
Photo size has to be 1000 Kb or less.

Are you on a phone or computer?

There are new apps for phones and istuff.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,497  
Spread 30 yards of fresh wood chips in our paddock. The horses are happy! I spread 30 yards a few weeks ago, and one more load should just about cover the whole 1/2 acre paddock.
View attachment 454684

Also got to attack some more blackberry bushes with the brush hogg. This schit is not fun to eradicate. I have a very very deep hatred for blackberry bushes at this point. It's the devil as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that's worse than blackberry bushes, is dead blackberry bushes. They are a true curse in my life! Good thing is, I only have a 1/4 acre left to rip out. The day these things aren't a problem, I'll have a celebration. Ha ha
View attachment 454686
View attachment 454687

I grew up in Bellingham (Chuckanut Drive actually), my mother carried on a fifty plus year war with the Himalaya blackberry vines. I spent a lot of hours with a machete as a teenager chopping the things back. I feel your pain!
A good method to get rid of the roots is to use a small plastic container with diluted roundup, cut a slit in the top and insert one of the vines tips into it, this will kill the whole plant. Another method for a large infestation is goats, my sister used this to keep their dikes clear on their farm in LaConner. I have known others who used pigs, they will actually dig up and eat the roots.
Good luck in your battle, those things are evil!