TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #551  
Changed the engine oil and filter, lubed FEL, checked a boatload of things. Moved some cabinets from shop to garage (for kitchen remodel). Moved a couple of rolls of 6ft chainlink fencing. Removed a large broken branch leaning on the shop, piled it in the pasture along with another one taken out earlier. Gonna take the whole tree out another day. Smoothed area where chainlink fencing was before being moved. Several hours on tractor, would not have done most of it without tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #552  
You have a nice peaceful looking place

Thank you, it is the result of a lot of TLC by three generations. When I am not working there, I drive up every day just to look around.

Here are a couple from where I live.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #553  
Got a couple hours in yesterday, mostly just trying the BX25 out. Got about an hour in today so far digging out a stump (in the rain)...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #554  
Spent the morning logging fir. It is hard to get rich quick with the stump rot they have. :D But that is why I am taking them out. I take down a nice looking 16" tree then have to cut 6' or so off the butt to get up to solid wood.
The foliage and weather are starting to get nice. It's very enjoyable to be in the woods.

Attachments

• LoadedUP.JPG
    LoadedUP.JPG
    552.1 KB · Views: 263
  • StumpRot.JPG
    StumpRot.JPG
    851 KB · Views: 242
  • SmallHitch.JPG
    SmallHitch.JPG
    855.7 KB · Views: 232
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #555  
Just a quick job..about 2 hrs. prepared about an acre for seeding and put down Tall Fescue - We have had 85 straight days of 90+ deg weather with little rain until now and it took it's toll on the fescue...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #557  
Continued to enjoy the great fall weather in the woods.
Here is a picture that shows the value of a winch. I keep the tractor on the skid road. The tree got hung up and is also behind the stump. I connected a snatch block to an ash directly behind the tractor with a strap to protect the tree. Ran the cable up through a slider connected high on an adjacent tree with a choker. ( Choker damage OK because I will cut that tree next). With the winch lifted the tree from behind the stump, removed the choker and then winched the rest of the way out to road.
Taking pictures gives me a chance to rest plus I am having fun. :eek:

Attachments

• Landing.JPG
    Landing.JPG
    800.5 KB · Views: 271
  • BuildingHitch.JPG
    BuildingHitch.JPG
    876.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Winching.JPG
    Winching.JPG
    889 KB · Views: 274
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #558  
Taking pictures gives me a chance to rest plus I am having fun. :eek:

Great job, Gordon.:thumbsup: It occurs to me that the work you are doing easily justifies it's own thread. There's nothing wrong with posting here, but many people might see this thread title and not have a clue that you are posting some great pictures of your logging winch and your clever way of skidding some beautiful logs out of the woods. I for one am really enjoying your photo journalism.:)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #559  
My neighbor needed a bit of work done so went yesterday to give then a hand. Grubbed around a couple of apple trees to get rid of a lot of vines and brush, then dug a hole for a new apple tree they are planting.

Attachments

• Arlene 001.jpg
    Arlene 001.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Arlene 002.jpg
    Arlene 002.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 238
  • Arlene 003.jpg
    Arlene 003.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Arlene 004.jpg
    Arlene 004.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 202
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #560  
I bushhogged a neighbor's field on Saturday, took about 3 hours. Today I plowed a new area in one of my bottomland fields so I can put some sweet potatoes there next year. Weatherman calling for more rain in the next few days.