TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #581  
Used the tractor to straighten up some fence posts, mostly in the corners. Have a few corners as the fence is not in a straight line. Once I got the posts straight put some gravel around them and pounded the gravel with a 2 X 2 inch piece of wood and sledge hammer to firm them up. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #582  
Used the tractor to straighten up some fence posts, mostly in the corners. Have a few corners as the fence is not in a straight line. Once I got the posts straight put some gravel around them and pounded the gravel with a 2 X 2 inch piece of wood and sledge hammer to firm them up. :thumbsup:

That's one of the things on my list...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #585  
Spent about 1.5 hours bucking up and sorting some saw logs on my landing. A neighbor lady came along riding her horse out of one of my skid roads and we gabbed long enough that I didnt finish my work before supper. It is not often that you see a 60 year old lady riding alone in the woods around here. She is very nice and thanks me over and over for letting her ride on the trails.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #586  
Spent about 1.5 hours bucking up and sorting some saw logs on my landing. A neighbor lady came along riding her horse out of one of my skid roads and we gabbed long enough that I didnt finish my work before supper. It is not often that you see a 60 year old lady riding alone in the woods around here. She is very nice and thanks me over and over for letting her ride on the trails.

Sometimes those of us who own land tend to forget how great it really is. My first job was several hundred miles away in an urban area. We had to drive many miles just to find a safe decent park to play with our kids. We really appreciate being able to step out of our house into the woods or open fields. You will often see my 62 year old wife walking or riding alone in or woods. Other times grand kids will be trailing along behind her.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #587  
Got my first Kubota on Friday, a BX25TLB. I set to work cleaning up an old burning pile and then some rubbish piles near the house. Spent a couple days this weekend running the backhoe, I'm really getting the rhythm of that thing now. :D I dug three holes as deep and as wide as the BX backhoe would dig then I filled them with rubbish from renovations etc, mostly old stucco etc, nothing hazardous. Used some of the left over clay to fill some low spots by the driveway. My wife was even doing some BH work and carrying some clay in the FEL, she loves the BX, as do I.

We're considering a 60" deck in the spring and also have a line on a Land Pride box blade and also a Land Pride garden tiller we might buy this fall.

I still have a long list of chores for the BX to tackle. It's a great little unit! I find that the drone of that 3 cyl means I really need to wear my ear plugs if using it for extended periods of time. :confused2:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #588  
Bush hogged about 6 Acres today...thick at the bottom with tall fescue but some shoots were over the tractor, had to go in 2nd gear and 2nd speed for a good bit of it...and then I used the FEL to move a 50 ft. pine tree that came down in the pasture ...I pushed it up along the edge of the wood line to cut up this weekend..Here is a picture ---a view from the seat..bush hogging..:)

Attachments

• FARM BUSH HOGGING 10 12 10.jpg
    FARM BUSH HOGGING 10 12 10.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 220
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #589  
Shipped about 415 bf (by my measure) to the saw mill this afternoon.
It was another beautiful fall day here.

Attachments

• LoadingTrk1.JPG
    LoadingTrk1.JPG
    789.6 KB · Views: 276
  • LoadingTrk2.JPG
    LoadingTrk2.JPG
    734.6 KB · Views: 279
  • LoadingTrk3.JPG
    LoadingTrk3.JPG
    638.7 KB · Views: 225
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #590  
Got my first Kubota on Friday, a BX25TLB. I set to work cleaning up an old burning pile and then some rubbish piles near the house. Spent a couple days this weekend running the backhoe, I'm really getting the rhythm of that thing now. :D I dug three holes as deep and as wide as the BX backhoe would dig then I filled them with rubbish from renovations etc, mostly old stucco etc, nothing hazardous. Used some of the left over clay to fill some low spots by the driveway. My wife was even doing some BH work and carrying some clay in the FEL, she loves the BX, as do I.

We're considering a 60" deck in the spring and also have a line on a Land Pride box blade and also a Land Pride garden tiller we might buy this fall.

I still have a long list of chores for the BX to tackle. It's a great little unit! I find that the drone of that 3 cyl means I really need to wear my ear plugs if using it for extended periods of time. :confused2:

Congrats!!! :thumbsup: We just got one too. I was thinking about doing something along the same line of digging a hole to bury some rocks and stumps
(sill have to sell Dad on the idea ;)). The 60" MMM is great. When the BH & FEL is off its really fast! I started to use headphones when using it too.