TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,031  
Allen block. About 80lb each and structural. Not cheap. About $9 per. Great product though. I cheated and went a bit over 4ft high without geotechnical fabric or something tying it into the hillside but I installed a drainage system backside so I'm not worried. I have an old thread on the project build. I will try to edit this post to include link when I get to my computer if you are interested.

Edit: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/285396-my-first-many-retaining-walls.html?highlight=

Thanks!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,032  
Adding a course to my retaining wall to level out the grass above the garden. Too scary mowing on the side slope next to a small cliff. Oh and did I mention I am getting too old to build retaining walls?
View attachment 473216

I know what you mean. I did one a couple years ago. If you don't mind I'll put a couple pics so Luke.... can see what they look like since your computer is down.

BackWall5.JPG

BackWall12.JPG

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,033  
Nice. Thanks Gordon.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,034  
Yesterday afternoon I put some rock in a perpetual mud hole down in a woods road I use a lot. It sure would be nice to have a dump trailer I could pull with the tractor for jobs like this. Took these shots about 1/3 of the way done.

P1140287.JPG

P1140289.JPG

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,035  
Looks like that should help a lot. You mean that old dodge wouldn't go in the woods. :)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,036  
spread some stone this morning leveling the approaches to my field culvert. Doing this so I can park my travel trailer by the barn and it almost high centered on the first attempt. Not wanting to break anything I parked it there waiting to fix the culvert. One load of ABC as they call it here, or Crusher Run elsewhere, and with only the FEL I got it roughly spread. Rototiller on back of tractor and I have some maintenance I need to do to it, so not yet ready to take it off. So could not finish the job with blade or rake; probably will use rear blade. Gets a little tricky raising and lowering the blade with the rise of the culvert; float action on rear rake seems to manage that better. Plus I'm not very good at it...

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 250
  • DSCN0700.JPG
    DSCN0700.JPG
    477.6 KB · Views: 223
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,037  
Gets a little tricky raising and lowering the blade with the rise of the culvert; float action on rear rake seems to manage that better. Plus I'm not very good at it...

It take lots of practice to get it right. I learned on the roughs of a very hilly golf course with a low slung bush hog {with no rear wheel}. But then my way of thinking was if I scalped it just a little, it would be more level next time:eek:

Working with rocks is so much harder.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,038  
spread some stone this morning leveling the approaches to my field culvert. Doing this so I can park my travel trailer by the barn and it almost high centered on the first attempt. Not wanting to break anything I parked it there waiting to fix the culvert. One load of ABC as they call it here, or Crusher Run elsewhere, and with only the FEL I got it roughly spread. Rototiller on back of tractor and I have some maintenance I need to do to it, so not yet ready to take it off. So could not finish the job with blade or rake; probably will use rear blade. Gets a little tricky raising and lowering the blade with the rise of the culvert; float action on rear rake seems to manage that better. Plus I'm not very good at it...

Drew. The front loader has a float function. I find it works pretty good. The float function on the dozer does a much better job though. More weight and larger footprint. :).

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,039  
Happy Independence Day All!

My wife had to grab this pic as we lined up for the neighborhood parade. We ended up being the honor guard!

Parade Prep.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,040  
I got to clear some trails yesterday, and burned the brush pile from a few weeks ago. Loader with forks makes things so much easier...

Prior to that, I mounted up a set of LED lights I got from my wife's cousin, he bought several sets, gave me a pair ($20) and stuck them on... need some night testing, but from what I saw in the barn last night, I think they will do just fine. No idea the brand or wattage.

Not likely to get anything done today... raining...

Happy 4th everyone...