Page 63 of 390 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113163 ... LastLast
    Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Quote Originally Posted by logan97 View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]What causes a "bleed down" ?
    Most common reason is internal cylinder seal leaks. The next is the joystick valve having loose tolerances and allowing spool bypass. Finally, any external leak of a hose fitting or quick connect will allow tiny movement, but this is normally not the case for any large movement. The number 1 cause is internal cylinder seals with slow leakage. Since the lift and curl cylinders are in parallel, only one has to leak to effect both. One "bad apple" spoils the whole bunch.
    Jim

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Did some road side sicklebar mowing to day. But first I had to put the shoe back on the mower. Last time I used it I broke a mounting ear off the shoe and had to get the ear welded back on.
    It was an Indian Summer day, in the 70's I think. Probably won't get many more of those for a while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -mowing1-jpg   -mowing2-jpg   -mowing3-jpg   -mowing4-jpg  
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    Did some road side sicklebar mowing to day. But first I had to put the shoe back on the mower. Last time I used it I broke a mounting ear off the shoe and had to get the ear welded back on.
    It was an Indian Summer day, in the 70's I think. Probably won't get many more of those for a while.
    What kind of mower is it?
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Quote Originally Posted by dex3361 View Post
    What kind of mower is it?
    It is a 7' Superior/First Choice Model 394 w/ hydraulic lift kit. I bought it from Ken Sweet in 2004 way before I knew anything about TBN.
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    1946 Farmall H, !967 Ford 3500D TLB

Quote Originally Posted by rdoiron View Post
    Spent several hours yesterday cleaning out a drainage ditch on my property and came across an old wheel sticking out from the muck and bulrushes. The area where I was cleaning had been over run by beavers about 20 years ago and I am recovering the land. What was under several feet of water is now dry.

A couple of minutes of digging with the backhoe and I had uncovered this very old plow. It was upside down with the driven wheel showing. It appears to be horse drawn with one wheel providing power to the control handles. Anyone know anything more about this antique?

Anyway, its now sitting as a monument on my driveway to the hardy souls that use to work this land.
    It looks like an IH Little Genius #8, but I'm not knowledgeable enough on those old jewels to be sure; it could just a easy be a John Deere #44, or some other altogether. It would have been tractor pulled.
    Here's links to a couple of examples:
    Yesterday's Tractors - Implement Photos
    and
    Yesterday's Tractors - Implement Photos

I was working today on one of near that vintage, an IH 4-disc tiller I got to use with my H. I've got it to where I can plow ok, but when I adjust it far enough over for the furrow wheel on the tractor and plow both ride in the furrow the drive wheel on the plow isn't pulling straight. The drive wheel and the furrow wheel are toed-in way too much. And I'm begining to think the problem is with the tail wheel, at least partly.
    I can't believe anybody has ever figured out how one of these things work; if you don't have somebody who knows how to show you you're stuck. I'm going to work on it a few more days and then ask the old guy I got it from to help.
    Good luck, Wm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -disc-tiller-16-jpg   -disc-tiller-21-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    It is a 7' Superior/First Choice Model 394 w/ hydraulic lift kit. I bought it from Ken Sweet in 2004 way before I knew anything about TBN.
    Thanks I am considering a unti justlike that when the funds allow for it.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Mowed today for the last time this season. Although I'm not sure how long it took...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

I'm now the last one in my family to get sick. No tractor today...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Well I didnt do it today, but this is the last seat time I had. It took me 2 full 10 hour days to dig this pond with my new LS P7010C. It started out to be a small koi pond, but I guess they can grow to be big Koi now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -october-2010-021-jpg   -october-2010-024-jpg  

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I also moved a couple of rocks to the side of the pond after I finished it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0823-jpg  

Page 63 of 390 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113163 ... LastLast